Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Request to make cockpit files free to edit + other stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as everyone might have noticed, I got hit by the banhammer for a short time due to my edited files.

Since I still have no clue what caused this, I think it might be my edited cockpit files both cmp and ini.

I still don't get why this happens now and has not happend before I went on "vacation" and would like to request an exception made by the AC for those specific files.

The cockpit files and the related ini files don't give any advantage over other players in terms of skill, weapon effects, money increase, mining bonus etc... so I don't se why they would trigger the anti-cheat.

Also, I am no longer able to alter my audio files like the weapon sounds, music or any other UI sound whatsoever.

Same goes for the starspheres and other textures.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the altering of cosmetic files only is allowed and will not trigger the AC?

Please people, I need a bit of help here because I just don't get it anymore...
Edit any cosmetic files at your own risk. Do not edit them at all if you can. Even players with packs installed have the chance to end up hammered, especially if the pack owners have no clue what they are doing. We will not ''permit'' the editing of any install. The mod, as it is installed, is verified for use on our server and any tweaks you make that fall outside of the boundaries of hudshift falls on your own responsibility.
(07-22-2017, 02:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Edit any cosmetic files at your own risk. Do not edit them at all if you can. Even players with packs installed have the chance to end up hammered, especially if the pack owners have no clue what they are doing. We will not ''permit'' the editing of any install. The mod, as it is installed, is verified for use on our server and any tweaks you make that fall outside of the boundaries of hudshift falls on your own responsibility.

So you have changed the AC while I was away... Before I could use my cockpits without any problem...

Is there any way to get one of my custom Nyx cockpits added into the next patch?
Also, how come that some get flagged and other don't? Does it happen randomly?

I am not new to editing textures and other files like cockpits so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing.

Normally, as long as I don't mess with ini files, I thought it's all good, at least that's what has always been said.