Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron System Butchering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The sequel to Liberty System Butchering has arrived! Now, we travel out to the lawless Edge Nebula, and see what I have in mind for it. We will be focusing on a few more systems, and will have less flashy fonts. Here we go!

OMICRON PHI/PSI

These two systems, while being ripe places for exploration, have close to zero activity. I'd like to see that change.

Changes:

-Move all guard ships in the Austera Nube to Bastia Station, and move Dreadnought Captana to Omicron Beta, for something else I have planned.
-Make the connection between Phi and Psi one way, from Psi to Phi.
-While Phi is slightly 3D looking, Psi is not. Make both systems EXTREMELY three-dimensional, to the point where waypoints are not needed as much.
-Have specific zones in Psi have more challenging NPCs than others, and keep NPC caps out of most areas in Psi.
-Reduce the size of the Austera Nube, and have more secrets in open space between it and the Razgriz Abyss.
-Leave the Omicron Alpha Jump Hole in Phi unguarded. Exploration is the key factor in Phi, so it would make sense to allow more ships in this way.
-Increase Radiation Levels in both systems. They are on the fringe, and should feel that way as well.
-Have surprises in both systems for shrewd explorers and CODE hunters.

OMICRON BETA

This system is a classic, but has little activity due to it being cramped with asteroids. I have envisioned this to be a war zone between the Outcasts, Corsairs, and the Order/GMG. Here's an MS Paint Map to show you the positioning:

[Image: y5rGNUa.png]

Changes:

-The Light Green Zones are gaps in the Nebula, with good visibility and no asteroids, to help increase Capital Ship Activity.
-Ruiz is destroyed, this being due to a surprise attack by the Order. The Order did suffer losses though, as evidenced by the wreck of one of their Recon Cruisers.
-The Outcasts and Corsairs have moved Flagships to Beta, as it is now a war zone. Each Battleship is on the edge of the large gap in the Nebula, and will be bases for people wanting to fight in the large gap.
-The previous features of Beta still exist, and are wrapped around the large gap. This war zone is not meant to interfere with any previous functions of Beta, rather it is there to enhance them.
-There will be NPC Cap missions on each of the Flagships, and the missions will always be in the war zone.
-Nomad NPCs will spawn all over the system, along with Outcast, Corsair, Order, Bounty Hunter, and GMG NPCs

OMICRON LOST

This system has always been a good place to explore, but recently it has seen a reduction in activity. I'd like some new features to be added here.

Changes:

-Remove the two useless asteroid fields. No one likes them.
-Planet Moros can have a traversable atmosphere. Have an atmospheric entry point, and move Outpost Secundus to the opposite side of the atmosphere from the entry/exit point.
-Put a base for the Vagrants in the atmosphere somewhere. They have laid claim to this planet, and I'd like to see the effects of that.
-Add some neat looking visuals in the system. It needs more colors than Black, White, Green, and Moros' Purple.
-All NPC spawning should be moved to Moros. The regular system needs to look unexplored.

OMICRON MAJOR

Welcome to the Dyson Sphere.

Changes:

-Add an entry point to the sphere's interior.
-Get a better looking background for the sphere interior. It needs to look like something's taking up the 200,000 KM or so space inside the sphere, like wisps of nebula.
-Make the Nomad Bases Dockable, and have their interiors looks like giant space cities. Omicron Major is a Nomad Homeworld, too.
-Add a wrecked Jump Gate which formerly led to Omicron Minor. We can't have continuity errors, now can we?

Time for you to add your two cents. Tell me what you think! I await your feedback.
Omicron Lost is already in the making. ;3
(07-22-2017, 09:53 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Omicron Lost is already in the making. ;3

I do hope it turns out well!
I'll shadowlog the changes with my Oracle, Sombs.
You have been warned.

As for me... Kind of yes, this could add more fun, but I want to see other people's suggestions.