Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallia System Butchering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The third installment in the System Butchering Series, Gallia System Butchering was created by popular demand, and is now here! If you want to view the previous installments in this series, here they are.

Liberty System Butchering
Omicron System Butchering

Now, let's get to business. Gallia is a dead zone in activity. Here's my ridiculous plan to help solve that.

PICARDY

This system is probably the most active Gallic System. Adding more conflict and hazards here might make things even more active here.

Changes:
-The Normandy Separatists have returned. After a disaster in their home system when a supernova hit, the survivors have retreated to the newly constructed Ecommoy Star City. Their bases are marked in Pink.
-The Council has advanced on Amiens, as well as the Hirson Debris Field. They have taken the Saint-Quentin Space Colony, and are using it as their HQ in the system.
-Eplessier Depot has been abandoned by the Maquis in favor of the massive amounts of space on Saint-Quentin. A group of castaway Freelancers from Normandy have re-purposed the base for their needs.
-Planet Amiens is now accessible. The Council has an Airbase, while the Royals control a coastal city.
-The Jump Gate connections have been moved, and the prison is now a wreck. The Royals still hold a good portion of the system, though.

ILE-DE-FRANCE

Gallia's capital needs more smuggling and regular trading in it. Let's fix that, shall we?

Changes:
-All smuggling routes heading to Manhattan(except Cardamine) now have their best sell points on New Paris.
-Rare Edge World cargo(such as Nom Remains, Iridium, etc.) now sell extremely well on Melun Research Station.
-More ore routes now lead to Rambouilette Shipyard. Who doesn't love ore trading?
-Have a Premium Scrap mining field here.

CHAMPAGNE

The Council's homeworld, and the center of Gallic Crime.

Changes:
-Make the Jump Gate to Burgundy go to Picardy instead.
-Have more Black Market trade routes here.
-Make Montmiral a Junker Base. There's plenty of junk to collected in Gallia.

LORRAINE

A bit of a backwater system in Gallia.

Changes:
-Flip the system to where the trade lanes actually look like they're heading in the right direction.
-More Outcast NPCs please.

LYONNIAS

Gallia's border with Kusari.

Changes:
-More Kusari unlawful NPCs, please.
-Introduce a Hogosha base here. They do business with Gallia occasionally.

ORLEANAIS

The second most populated Gallic System.

Changes:
-Shorten up the trade lanes, and remove the debris fields and bases within them. They can be used elsewhere.
-Make the two jump points to Auvergne go to Provence.
-Remove the minefield. It serves no purpose at this point.

AUVERGNE

This system is useless. It's assets would do much better elsewhere.

Changes:
-Retcon the system, and move it's bases into Gallic-Occupied Sirius. I will explain how I envision this will work in the sequel to this, Reconquest System Butchering.

PROVENCE

Gallia's border with Crayter, and a center for crime.

Changes:
-Have the Council move their Battleship into the system.
-Change up the system background, nebula, and bases to where it's more aesthetically pleasing.
-Introduce a massive racetrack here. AFC would love that, I'm sure.
-Re-open the Sealed Jump Gate, and have it connect with the former Auvergne Jump Gate in Orleanais.
-Re-direct the Auvergne Jump Hole to Orleanais.

ORKNEY

This system is basically part of Gallia at this point.

Changes:
-Introduce a Jump Gate to Languedoc, and a trade lane system to boot.
-RENAME THE SYSTEM TO TUNISA.
-Move Fort Albi and Cordes Outpost farther away from the Jump Holes.

So that's pretty much it on this episode of system butchering. Leave your feedback below, and tell me if one of these ideas could be executed better.

Could you explain that Amiens map?
(07-24-2017, 12:11 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Could you explain that Amiens map?

You can fly in the clouds, but everything else is background below you or open air.
(07-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]
LYONNIAS

Gallia's border with Kusari.

Changes:
-More Kusari unlawful NPCs, please.
-Introduce a Hogosha base here. They do business with Gallia occasionally.

[/size]

Yes to more npc variety in Lyonnais. Borders should show some permeability.
No to the Hogosha base there. Making deals there does not result into expansion there (it's already in the zoi though). Hogosha and others should have better tools to rep up with the local organizations (Hogosha/UC, GC/Brigands/Maquis, or other combi), and operate from their bases/alongside their players.

P.S. Gallia needs a gigantic economy rework. Only reasonable routes are the ones connecting Omegas or Rheinland. No point shipping to and from Kusari and Taus into the dead zone of fossil fuels land.
(07-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]Gallia is a dead zone in activity. Here's my ridiculous plan to help solve that.
Wanna know how you can solve that? Get people to change their attitude toward the house in general and actually bother playing in there more than 5 mins. This whole "ecks dee dee #deletegallia lel" attitude does nothing to alleviate that problem. I'm afraid a simple 'system cull' will not do much to increase activity.

(07-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]-More ore routes now lead to Rambouilette Shipyard. Who doesn't love ore trading?
-Have a Premium Scrap mining field here.
PScrap had its highest 'sell' point on Rambouilette iirc, somewhere in the range of 12k-14k (I could be wrong). People complained about it and it was removed. Wanna know a funny thing about PScrap mining? EFL, the only faction in Gallia that can mine it with mining bonus of 2.0 (?!) for some reason, doesn't even have access to the only PScrap mining field in game...which is in Texas (Who knows maybe that was just the devs meming Gallia Big Grin) ; a huge part of what killed the motivation for me to actively pursue creating an EFL faction. I won't even get into the changes that were made to Gallic mining, that deserves its own thread.

(07-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]LORRAINE
With slight adjustments, that system has the potential to be a cap battlefield with Ranseurs, Valors and Redemptions clashing but I'm fairly certain there are more MNS- and RNS- parked on Rochester and Leeds than all of Omicrons and Gallia respectively. I've caught one or two MNS in Lorraine but those occasions are rare.

(07-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]ORKNEY
--RENAME THE SYSTEM TO TUNISA.
It already is called Tunisie though. Again refer to what I wrote about Lorraine. I would log Council caps all the time if De Grasse offered missions for periods when you're waiting for people to log (another fun fact: only Council base that offers missions is Macon...in an asteroid field). Delta, Magellan and Leeds sort of help create that type of activity in their respective regions with (cap) missions, so people can log and look for pews.

In my opinion the quickest and easiest way to promote activity is by ensuring that first and foremost all bases actually sell relevant equipment so that if anybody is even remotely interested in the region can set up their ship and be on their way like the rest of houses. Nobody wants to travel 2-4 systems just to equip an AU8 or Nuke mine.