Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules Change Notice: 2.3, 3.0, 4.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day, everyone.

The trial period for the previously announced rules change is over and we have decided to revert/modify the changes to once again include traders under the exception list, however with a few key differences in wording. We have ditched the name ''trader'' and specified ''transports'' to be the exclusion. Other changes include the migration of 2.3 to 1.8 and the re-introduction of 3.0 as a separate rule for easier processing for reports regarding overall oorp behavior, rather than simply oorp chatter in local/system chats.

Previous Rule Version Wrote:Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP enforced rules:

4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for two hours. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for two hours.
Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their server characters for two hours.

4.2 Demands should be reasonable and only one monetary or cargo demand can be issued during each piracy interaction.
4.3 Docking during combat with hostiles in docking message range (15k) counts as PvP Death.
4.4 Every char must have only one type of ID equipped and they must play to that ID. Nomads are allowed to be engaged by all IDs. In all other cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules

New Rule Version Wrote:Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP PvP rules:

4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for two hours. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for two hours.
Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for two hours.

4.2 Demands should be reasonable and only one monetary or cargo demand can be issued during each piracy interaction.
4.3 Docking during combat with hostiles in docking message range (15k) counts as PvP Death, except for transports. If a player combat docks in a transport they may remain in the system for the sole purpose of trading only. They may not attack anyone unless in self defense. This restriction lasts for two hours.
4.4 Every char must have only one type of ID equipped and they must play to that ID. Nomads are allowed to be engaged by all IDs. In all other cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules

The ingame banner will be updated to inform players of this change.
Very nice. Thank you.
(sun)
Quote:4.3 Docking during combat with hostiles in docking message range (15k) counts as PvP Death, except for transports. If a player combat docks in a transport they may remain in the system for the sole purpose of trading only. They may not attack anyone unless in self defense. This restriction lasts for two hours.

That rule back again? I thought that exception was removed in favour of keeping traders safe from being killed and pirated again? It's not like traders usually log upon safely docking, with or without exception. I'd also like to point out that docking and undocking, with that rule exception, doesn't end the engagement.
To simply put, the change of the rule introduced very damaging player behavior in terms of piracy. It was either introducing stricter rules to piracy going even as far as specifying demands and ship classes that could pirate or systems where piracy could be done - or reverting the rule with alterations.

Needless to say - we chose the later.
Fair enough. Getting stricter with piracy classes and demands would be just idiotic to begin with. We already have Pirate ID which cannot even shoot or demand credits from a snub which trolls the ID owner inside the house space.
Good call.
Thank you.
Having been back only a short while it's really nice to see admins looking at the effects/feedback of changes introduced and reverting decisions when the need arises (I took a break around the time everyone was moaning that the admins don't listen to them).

I think the rules are a lot better this way, from a traders point of view it means that my activity isn't completely destroyed when someone decides to attack me 5k from an npc base and gives other people (including other pirates) the chance to interact with myself.

Thx, this is much appreciated Smile
Thanks, appreciated.
Thanks Spazzy!
Pages: 1 2