Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate ID (WITHDRAWN IDEA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Withdrawn

Pirate ID
A Line Change Request.

Current lines Wrote:- Can defend itself and ships of the same affiliation
- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply
- Can pirate any ships outside of House Space (Bold and Italic) and attack them if they do not comply
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Proposed change Wrote:- Can defend itself and ships of the same affiliation
- Can demand Credits or Cargo from all ships, except for Police, Military and Intel, inside House space and attack them if they do not comply
- Can pirate any ships outside of House Space (Bold and Italic) and attack them if they do not comply
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Reasoning behind the proposal:

To avoid situation in which corporate ID or Freelancer ID snub (or gunboat) would be sitting next to the pirate on purpose, knowing that player cannot pirate or even punish such a player according to the ID rules. It can be abused to track the player down and have his ship destroyed by grouped/talked to Bounty Hunters or local authorities, hence the change request.

Signed,
Toris
Except it was removed because pirates were using it as a watered down version of a terrorist ID(2mil or die to a snub) and now you want it reinstated because a corporate snub and freelancer snub is "stalking" someone on purpose for whatever reason.

If that becomes an issue, tell them to back off or you'll shoot in self-defense.
(07-26-2017, 12:14 AM)Techpriest Wrote: [ -> ]If that becomes an issue, tell them to back off or you'll shoot in self-defense.

Aye, I suppose it would be treated as RP consequence rulewise. It's only logical to dust the bastard sitting on your tail and reporting the police about your whereabouts.
Erm. You are missing something. Pirate ID is supposed to pirate in House space. But. What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

I do only suggest that Pirate ID can engage its enemies(police, House Military and Corporations at least)
(07-26-2017, 07:23 AM)=Sharky= Wrote: [ -> ]What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

Quote:- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply
(07-26-2017, 07:27 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2017, 07:23 AM)=Sharky= Wrote: [ -> ]What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

Quote:- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply

....after his change proposal...where Pirate ID would not be able to pirate Police/House Military ships (of any kind)
Oh right this is one of those, the ID is currently fine as it is, it doesn't need to be a pseudo-terrorist ID again.
If you want, be FR5ed by all 4 Houses, and Gallia, and you can get a Terrorist ID. Big Grin

If that would actually work Big Grin
I'm actually for since we merely see any pirate activity in Sirius. The only pirates I see are Hessians, but it's explained by s propaganda policy.

So, either some ID boost or NPC convoys with credit cards are needed to make piracy appealing again
The ID is okay as it currently is. It is a shame that people find freelancers sitting next to them, seeing them harmless. It doesn't really make a roleplay sense. About the stalking, why not? I mean, it does make a RP sense, but the stalker should not act as if you were unarmed and should consider you as someone, who can put an end to him.
Pages: 1 2