Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Revamp Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(08-03-2017, 02:55 AM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]there's a second tab that has factions with bonuses and the like on it

should be a direct link here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=491990245

I am a noob. Thank you. Smile
(08-02-2017, 09:47 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
I would like to request the following:

1. Addition of Chalons-en-Champagne Station (ew16_05_base) as a Primary purchaser of Military Salvage (commodity_military_salvage), a base located at a distance of 1504 seconds of travel time from the closest base to the field (iw01_02_base).
  2. Addition of Chalons-en-Champagne Station (ew16_05_base) as a Primary purchaser of Premium Scrap (commodity_premiumscrap), a base located at a distance of 1605 seconds of travel time from the closest base to the field (iw01_01_base).

Thank you.
Done.

The other posts so far are Teerin's domain of faction bonuses and fields to provide answers for.
Okay! After my noob-mistake, I can comment:

Looks well-planned from an IMG point of view.
Thank you for taking my considerations into account!

We could even lose the x3 Platinum_198 bonus in Nagano, if I am totally honest. IMG going to Nagano when we haven a lot already in Taus... it very likely will never happen anyway. Niobium has nearly the same selling points and is much more in the center of IMG attention, npc base location, etc. I would not mind that at all.

Thank you for your work!

Jack
Outcasts and Zoners have bonuses on the Xeno Artifacts in Omicron Xi as encouragement for factions to fight over the mining, if they choose to do so in their free time. Upon further consideration, given their neutrality, I will probably bump Zoners down to a 3.0x bonus. It is also for this reason that Core, Order, and Gammu AI receive primary bonuses for Iridium Ore and Azurite Gas, while Corsairs, Outcasts, and Zoners are currently slated for a secondary bonus.

EFL were given a 3.0x bonus for Ignitable Toxic Waste since they are not primarily a mining faction. Should an EFL group request to have a primary bonus granted, we would review their case.

I have spoken with several people about the Texas scrap metal situation, and have decided that a Tier 3 field can remain for the Scrap Metal trading commodity. Down the road, depending on a number of circumstances this can be either upgraded to Tier 1.75 or removed altogether.

Cryer Pharmaceuticals will soon be added onto the secondary bonus group for Cryo Organisms. Good luck in Omicron Beta - keep your heads down!
Is RHA (the unlawful faction originating from DHC workers) getting a bonus on colbat and uncut diamonds FINALLY?

EDIT: I read the list, but the Hessians should also be under the primary section with colbat, again, mining is a good chunk of our lore, and the Omega mining zone for colbat is in (dominantly) hessian territory.
(08-03-2017, 04:30 AM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]EFL were given a 3.0x bonus for Ignitable Toxic Waste since they are not primarily a mining faction. Should an EFL group request to have a primary bonus granted, we would review their case.

Yeah, because ALG Waste Disposal totally is. Come on Teerin, ALG got primary mining multiplier for three (!) commodities, while EFL got only a secondary for a single one, one of the two in their own house. Nonsense.

There is no EFL group because Gallia is dead as fück and silliness like this isn't going to help that. Though sure, I can pretend to be a representative of EFL players if that's required for a change which may or may not kickstart the formation of an actual EFL playerbase, I wanted to kickstart Gaul corporate factions either way, so it's not a problem. Do we need to play it like this?
Could we please have more information regarding the change in the Xeno Relic mining field from the Malvada Cloud in Gamma to the North Aegean Cloud in Xi, and why it was picked over a location in Omega, such as the Calborona field/nebula. While both fields are highly radioactive, the Aegean's are mostly unexploded territorty from which few return, and we now have to regularly send out our mining fleets there, with a lower bonus to boot. Whereas the calborona field, while it is also fairly unexplored, it doesn't have roaming nomads nor nomad weapon platforms and its infocard already hints to being a possible site to mine artifacts.

I also feel the Outcasts will have little to no incentive to mine and trade Relics. This both due to the rivalry between the Hispanic factions, so why would they support our product over theirs, and they already have cryo-organisms, which, from my understanding, they can already haul as far as Bretonia legally. Raiding is one thing, yes, but I doubt they will stick around to harvest the field.

If the field was moved to Omega, it would still be in the Outcasts omicron zoi, and if they were to complain about the distance they have to fly, then the hessians could get zoi there, since we feel there is a significant overlap in the active raiding population of hessians and outcasts. Not to mention the hessians could gain Omega, accessable via Omega-41 and Cayman, at the cost of Theta, a system they can only access either via the sigmas, a fairly long trip, or via Gamma, home system of one of their arch-nemesis.

Finally, a well placed field in the Calborona would mean we wouldn't have to worry about running a 2nd pob or moving Puerto del Sol, since the Aegean field will be around 100k from Puerto del Sol, an almost inconceivable and definitely an incredibly inconvenient distance to fly, each way, during a mining operation. Whereas the Calbonrona is only 10-15k from Puerto del Sol, before counting the distance between the mining field and the jump hole.

TL;DR- I do not feel this is a good and balanced update for the Corsairs
(08-03-2017, 07:12 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Could we please have more information regarding the change in the Xeno Relic mining field from the Malvada Cloud in Gamma to the North Aegean Cloud in Xi, and why it was picked over a location in Omega, such as the Calborona field/nebula. While both fields are highly radioactive, the Aegean's are mostly unexploded territorty from which few return, and we now have to regularly send out our mining fleets there, with a lower bonus to boot. Whereas the calborona field, while it is also fairly unexplored, it doesn't have roaming nomads nor nomad weapon platforms and its infocard already hints to being a possible site to mine artifacts.

I also feel the Outcasts will have little to no incentive to mine and trade Relics. This both due to the rivalry between the Hispanic factions, so why would they support our product over theirs, and they already have cryo-organisms, which, from my understanding, they can already haul as far as Bretonia legally. Raiding is one thing, yes, but I doubt they will stick around to harvest the field.

If the field was moved to Omega, it would still be in the Outcasts omicron zoi, and if they were to complain about the distance they have to fly, then the hessians could get zoi there, since we feel there is a significant overlap in the active raiding population of hessians and outcasts. Not to mention the hessians could gain Omega, accessable via Omega-41 and Cayman, at the cost of Theta, a system they can only access either via the sigmas, a fairly long trip, or via Gamma, home system of one of their arch-nemesis.

Finally, a well placed field in the Calborona would mean we wouldn't have to worry about running a 2nd pob or moving Puerto del Sol, since the Aegean field will be around 100k from Puerto del Sol, an almost inconceivable and definitely an incredibly inconvenient distance to fly, each way, during a mining operation. Whereas the Calbonrona is only 10-15k from Puerto del Sol, before counting the distance between the mining field and the jump hole.

+1
(08-03-2017, 09:16 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2017, 07:12 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Could we please have more information regarding the change in the Xeno Relic mining field from the Malvada Cloud in Gamma to the North Aegean Cloud in Xi, and why it was picked over a location in Omega, such as the Calborona field/nebula. While both fields are highly radioactive, the Aegean's are mostly unexploded territorty from which few return, and we now have to regularly send out our mining fleets there, with a lower bonus to boot. Whereas the calborona field, while it is also fairly unexplored, it doesn't have roaming nomads nor nomad weapon platforms and its infocard already hints to being a possible site to mine artifacts.

+1

+2
Looks like a lot of factions will be competing for Cobalt. Should be interesting. I'm still not quite sure whether Omega-47 is a good choice for this field, maybe O-9 would have been better? Probably a balance issue. I think it will only be enticing for IMG and Kruger given that they are classified as "primaries" for this ore. Nevertheless, something like this should have been implemented a while ago so Omega mining factions could have used their IDs to the fullest extent. Good change!

Also is there a good reason why unlawfuls such as Mollys, Hessians and Xenos have been granted 'primary' status? I think there is a reason they're called ex-miners in lore. They should be secondaries at most. Do we really need to turn these factions into pure mining factions? I mean I can somewhat understand Xenos, in order to make a neglected ID more interesting but the other two? This is really silly

(08-03-2017, 07:10 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2017, 04:30 AM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]EFL were given a 3.0x bonus for Ignitable Toxic Waste since they are not primarily a mining faction. Should an EFL group request to have a primary bonus granted, we would review their case.

Yeah, because ALG Waste Disposal totally is. Come on Teerin, ALG got primary mining multiplier for three (!) commodities, while EFL got only a secondary for a single one, one of the two in their own house. Nonsense.

There is no EFL group because Gallia is dead as fück and silliness like this isn't going to help that. Though sure, I can pretend to be a representative of EFL players if that's required for a change which may or may not kickstart the formation of an actual EFL playerbase, I wanted to kickstart Gaul corporate factions either way, so it's not a problem. Do we need to play it like this?

"EFL is not primarily a mining faction" that's a joke right? I cannot help but to echo Thyr's post here. I've been attempting to get EFL| off its feet and running once more since December with a few people (who by the way lost interest shortly after) only logging occassionally and every time I feel like that I should finally post something on the forums in terms of faction info/recruitment/feedback I'm discouraged, demotivated and quickly reminded by myself that there is zero incentive to provide to a community that is already highly resistant to the idea of Gallia to begin with. Adding a mineable ore is a step in the right direction in terms of making this ID/faction a tiny bit more interesting rather than having it sit there as yet another bland 5ker ID. Also I'll drop EFL's roles here for reference (via Wiki):

- Extraction, Transportation, And Processing Of Oil In Gallia
- Shipbuilding, Gate/Lane Construction, Base Construction

It's almost as if EFL mirrors BMM/DSE/DHC/Samura. EFL should be the sole primary at least in the IdF field.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6