Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Revamp Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(02-15-2018, 08:26 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]The ''test'' began back in 2010, when we removed ore dropping into space as a commodity. The fact that this new system is too complicated without any actual reason (A ship and an ID surely should be just enough for a bonus) apart from just for the sake of being complex, along with nonsense such as paying ten times the value for ore than the finished refined goods - surely there is a better way, than making every single ID into a mining ID with their own ore. I am still very much certain that pirates needed to mine credits out of the faces of disobedient traders, instead of shooting rocks.
The sad truth is that there is simply nobody who is motivated to revamp it.

Thank you for your honest answer, that puts a lot of my questions to bed as they are now irrelevant. For now I'll assume it's staying as it is, this might upset a few people in the community but my advice to those people is think " are you willing to do all the work require to revamp the mining system" because I'm happy to help out but I can sure understand why people wouldn't want to take on such a potentially large/game breaking change.
I already had a document with a fully new mining and factory idea.

Just a little small info: Miners are mining ore which they need to move to a PoB, from there they need to bring specific goods which in combination with the ore create gold bars for example, which can be sold for the current price of 20-30k while they take 2-3 units of cargo.

Yes, the miners can also sell the ore, for a small price 2-3k at the nearest mining facility (NPC one)

Coding wouldn't take to long because we already have factory modules who need ressources to build items, in this case they would produce sellable goods.
(02-15-2018, 08:41 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I already had a document with a fully new mining and factory idea.

Just a little small info: Miners are mining ore which they need to move to a PoB, from there they need to bring specific goods which in combination with the ore create gold bars for example, which can be sold for the current price of 20-30k while they take 2-3 units of cargo.

Yes, the miners can also sell the ore, for a small price 2-3k at the nearest mining facility (NPC one)

Coding wouldn't take to long because we already have factory modules who need ressources to build items, in this case they would produce sellable goods.

Have you also written the code required?
(02-15-2018, 08:51 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2018, 08:41 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I already had a document with a fully new mining and factory idea.

Have you also written the code required?

Only like half of the factory modul because I left the dev team and decided to stop working on the project
So wait, while I like Gerard's proposal I'd like to know what is slated to happen to the ores in game now? The ones with no sell points and no mining rates like Military Salvage and Ignitable Waste. Will they just be swept under the rug? Will they be implemented fully? This is something I need to know for the sake of Role Play, do i need to retcon anything I've done?

Not sure if I'm the only one in this situation but I'd like to Know

I LOVE this idea, I really hope we can see it in game. If you need simple coding done (ie copy-paste current factory stuff and change to ores and refined ingots) I'd be happy to help get this done
So Question,

Is there any information on any headway on these two commodities specifically?
Also the mining revamp as a whole.

commodity_ignitable_waste
Ile-de-France
?
?

commodity_reactive_waste
Leeds
?
?

Doubt that something new will get added until you write your own stuff and submit it to the devs.

I know that the devs are bussy, but if you were in the mining dev chat, you would laugh all the time and quit like me. It was always a good feeling when you got a answer after +72 hours in this chat Tongue
(09-26-2018, 08:48 AM)Lambda Wrote: [ -> ]Doubt that something new will get added until you write your own stuff and submit it to the devs.

I have done this(I think) If the dev who would need this stuff could contact me then I'll shoot you the files and see if everything is in order.
Pretty sure this was a dead thread. Since February at least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6