Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Event line - New Hampshire incursion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: harmonylogo.png] vs. [Image: 220px-Flag-liberty.png]

New Hampshire incursion
Approved and supported by the [LN]

Description

In this latest experiment we want to try making a dynamic row of events that is caused by commanders leading their respective forces.
The idea and hope is to make it feel like some dynamic conflict/war is going on and to allow at least two players to play their commanding role.

For this version this will be the Liberty Navy against the Separatist Battlegroup Harmony mainly.

Details

[Image: hsMudj6.png]

The main battlefield will be the system of New Hampshire. With the Navy needing most of its fleet in the war against Gallia all they left here is a small force to guard the entrance to Alaska and Liberty itself from Rheinland.

Separatist forces will use that weakness and push into the system from Puerto Rico to attack from the Bethlehem Nebula.

The Targets

Battlegroup Harmony will have to make the first move and pick a target. Orders will be given out through rp. Send that to me and we'll make a proper event writeup with times.
Once the event for either target is concluded the losing team will receive a new set of two to four targets/missions that they can pick from. Until either side is pushed out of the system. //Of course the Navy won't be fully pushed out. It's more of a "this group is out" and that Harmony can go do things inside the system validly claiming we "beat" the Navy should they win.

Navy supply convoy
A heavy transport is moving toward Battleship Whitefield. Destroying that would severely hurt the Navy in the area. Especially heavier backup might be weakened. Though it might also encourage the Navy to send in heavier backup in the future.

Navy patrol
There is Navy ships patrolling the area and trying to push into the Nebula. Wiping their patrol out would be a good way to keep them from doing that. Though it will allow the supply convoy to reach its destination.

Rules

Commanders should be people who want to rp this role. MDs and fleet movements could be amazing stuff to allow for dynamically created situations. Is one commander losing one wing after another? Rp that morale loss. Is he sending people into clouds all the time? Complain about the danger or praise their tactical prowess.

Commanding this doesn't mean you (have to) lead the actual pvp fights ingame.

Roleplay consequences: First of the decisions in the events decide the possible next ones or the defeat in the area of either Navy or Harmony. Once heavier Harmony support is on the field, that can be crippled and possibly destroyed.

Do not try to cheese this. Don't run away from fights. There will be many more. Important: DO GIVE FEEDBACK, I cannot read your thoughts. Is this a dumb idea? Is there a massive flaw in the planning? Could this be awesome if X was different? Tell me here or send me a PM/Skype message.

Please also don't do flower loadouts. If there's bombers don't do dual nova suicides. And so on. If you got to ask me "Is this dumb?" then it probably is.

Registration

To plan the further events I need two commanders, one from each side. These will basically get the order to deal with the situation. The Harmony one will get ordered to attack New Hampshire while the Navy one will be deployed afterwards to fight back. Please apply when you got the time and a higher ranked character. If not and you really think you should do this contact me.

Liberty Navy
Commander: Admiral Natalie Reaser

Separatists
Commander: NAME
If there's any interest in this I'd need a Navy commander to sign up.

I'll see to find a Separatist one that isn't me but the choice is obviously more limited.
So will there be a max ship size for LN side? Numbers? With indies or not? Something I'd just like to know. Other then that it sounds fun, let's hope people give fair fights.
Well the actual combat even will be listed separately once either target has been picked. So then that will have a registration.

The respective faction that leads will get reserved slots but other than that indies can join. I'd even allow people to join the Separatist side with untagged Harmony IDed ships.
Battle Group Harmony has its own ID? I did not know that.
The infopage might be outdated as the Faction Creation Request holds the most up to date one... but you can see the ID here: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback
How's the situation now? Anyone interested?
This seems quite interesting. I'll sign up as Navy Commander, you know the character.
I said Navy commanders not nomad commanders. /s
I'm signing you up then.