Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Heavy FPS drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

It has been already a time till this problem started. The game worked properly for more than a year but a couple of months ago I started to have FPS drops during my logs. I am not sure why is this happening, I reinstalled the game completely and erased the swag pack. Nothing changed. I even cleaned my pc and tried playing other games, where I don't have this issue.
So to say, the problem is real. The FPS drops can change from 120 to 25 FPS whenever I point to a big object such as a star or a planet.
-> Vanilla worked better but I still had some drops, not that heavy though.
-> I don't think I burned my graphics card even if it's a bad one.
-> The PC itself is not old and shouldn't have such problems >> maybe this game's issue.

What should I do then?
Can you give us the specs of your machine?
OS included.

Use CPU-Z if you can.
-Sent via PM-
I see.
First of all, right click Nvidia Settings and scroll down, add Freelancer.Exe in your discovery folder and set it as USE DEDICATED instead of Automatic.
See if the issue persists.
Hello again,

I'm posting here cause I done the nvidia setup, even touching V-sync aspects and it doesnt seem to respond (nor that I actually know what I was doing).
I kept looking for options to solve the issue, and I found that reducing the screen width and height in the DSLauncher gave me better stats and actually worked ...for some mintues. Till then I don't only have fps problems but mouse lag as well (saying, the mouse is new and the pc is not old either) where it gets stuck and I can't use it.

Keep on mind I never had this problems before and the game worked as usual, working on a remakably good 100-140 fps.
Rax, are you using any of the mods available to us, such as the SWAG Pack or Cheeki Breeki or anything like that, because I found out originally that was the problem I had, I uninstalled Disco and Vanilla and made sure there was no disco files on my computer apart from my accounts and then done a whole complete fresh install, along with uninstally my nvidia graphic's drivers and my nvidia graphic's card itself and re-installing that all then i downloaded DXtory to cap my FPS at 125, but disabling v-sync on Nvidia
If you are running under windows 10 than it could be live tiles for some reason they cause a screen lagg which in return cause's a drop in FPS, Check out my thread and see if any of it helps

If i knew your specs i might beable to pin point what might cause it