Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Character Ο Xαρακτήρας

The Andromeda cruised towards the meeting point Icarus designated. As every scout battleship, it was equipped with a cloaking device, so as to ensure that its operations remain hidden and it can continue to serve with the role it was meant to fulfil.

Icarus was leaning against the wall in the back of the bridge, observing the scanners as well as the work of the ship's executive officer Yiannis Papadopoulos. Papadopoulos was a veteran, who previously commanded at least three different battleships in the Dorian navy.

Papadopoulos approached the general. "We'll be arriving at the coordinates shortly." He was speaking Greek.

Icarus nodded and responded in kind. "Anchor the ship and remain cloaked. We'll wait for our contact to arrive then." After Yiannis nodded, he stood up. "I'll be in the Elia. Have someone get our guest there."

Doctor Martin Weber had followed his instructions to the letter. He'd flown to the assigned spot and waited, he'd waited for a while, and with each passing minute he'd grown more and more nervous. Perhaps it's a trap? he fretted Worse, perhaps its a waste of time?. He was so concerned that he'd been led about on a merry goose chase, he was so looking forward to talking to the Corsairs, something very few researchers, if any, had managed to do. His radar was clear, and there was nothing within visual range to make him doubt his ships scanners. He'd considered opening a comm line to the surrounding area, but decided against it lest the feared Red Hessians showed up to investigate. After a few more minutes, he was very close to giving up and just turning around and flying back to Cambridge.
On the bridge of the Andromeda, Papadopoulos was watching the scanners. "I believe this is him. Uncloak."

The cloaking device began powering down as Papadopoulos picked up the microphone. "This is the Custodi Warship Andromeda, captain Papadopoulos speaking. Identify yourself."

Martin got the fright of his life when the Battleship suddenly appered. It took a few minutes for him to regain his composure. He opened a line to the ship, wary of it's weapons trained on his tiny vessel.

''Martain Weber, University of Cambridge....I was told to come here'' he said, not overly sure what to say. If they were expecting him, then he was safe, if not then would be little he could do.
"Affirmative. The General is waiting for you, kyrie Weber. You're clear to dock in the bay number two." Papadopoulos scratched his moustache. "And please leave any weapons, tracking devices, PADs or anything of the sort behind."

Papadopoulos switched to the ship communications. "Open the second bay and send two naftes there with metal detectors."

He gave his confirmation and proceeded to land at the assigned docking bay. Once the ships locks had taken hold, he proceeded to gather his equipment into his case, various pens and pencils, papers and books. An older typewriter and a simple recording device were bundled into his bag. He left his small ship and took note of his surroundings.

The hanger was fairly generic; a large, open space with men and women runing too and fro, busy about their business. A pair of men approached him, he adjusted his glasses and wandered over to greet them, an inquisitive smile and look about him. ''How do you do?'' he asked offering his hand as a sign of good will, ''I hope you find everything in order.''
The men did not respond to Weber's greeting. One of them gestured at him to stand still and spoke something in Greek. As Weber complied, he ran a metal detector around him. The other guard asked something, to which the metal detector one replied positively. He then nodded and gestured at Weber to follow him.

With one guard in front and one behind Weber, they walked through a corridor, then turned right into a smaller walkway. In it was a series of doors, all numbered, except one. The last door had an ornamented plaque with some Greek writing and crude English letters painted below saying "Mess Hall". One of the guards slid his card through the reader to open the door.

Inside was one man, wearing an impressive beard and a pair of glasses. He stood up as the three men entered. The guards saluted, and one of them spoke, again in Greek. The only thing Weber could make out was his own name. The man inside raised an eyebrow and the guard finished his report, he nodded and gestured for them to leave. As they did, he turned to the scientist.

"Kalhmera, mister Weber. My name is Icarus Augustopolos," he extended his right hand.

''Oh hello'' Weber said, walking over to the man and grasping his extended hand ''How nice to meet you in person at last, I hope I haven't caused you too much bother.''
"It's not a problem," Icarus replied. "It's just the character of this place, you know. Either way, I understand you wanted to ask some questions. If you wish, you can buy yourself something to drink from the dispenser over there and we can start."

''Maybe later'' he said sitting down. ''So, firstly, allow me to thank you for letting me do this. Do you know how this works or would you like me to bring you up to date with how this thing goes, it's fairly simple. Just a lot of talking on your part.'' he said, removing his glasses and giving them a rub with a cleaning cloth he had pulled from his pocket.
Pages: 1 2 3 4