Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newbie's here !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone ! I'm the new guy ! started yesterday ! That's my first multiplayer server on freelancer, vanilla included. I suddendly remembered I loved this game and played through it a couple times so I decided to experience multiplayer, plus since I love Roleplaying games in general, here I am !

I haven't done much yet, done some asignments for the Liberty Navy and got myself a Guardian and a LN ID (got too greedy on the Guardian's weaponry though, power output reduced to 10% ha ha).

I'm thinking about creating a second character who'll be a trader for the sole purpose of being a bank account for my main and perhaps other chars in the future.

Haven't met much people yet in game, though I can't wait to participate to some RP actions ! See you bunch in space, and go easy on my noobness !

(Sorry if I make grammatical mistakes or stuff, I'm just a Frenchie who learnt English by himself, poor me.)
I'd like to be the first to say welcome to the game and forums.
Your English is pretty good BTW Big Grin
NoMe could learn from you. Welcome to Discovery! Have fun here! (sun)
Hey there, and welcome to Discovery!

Creating a char with whom you can trade and finance your other chars is definitely a rock solid idea to do first. Just grind some money, explore the universe and, above all, have fun!

See you ingame. Smile

Edit: IMG is a good faction for money making as well, they offer convoys every now and then with great teamwork and fun to be had!
GMG is good for making money :3 /shameless self advertising mode off, no, really, making money first is a good idea. After that, the best you can do is to try and think of a character concept who you use as main on Disco ^-^ Have fun!
Joined Ageira corp and trades gatelanes part between liberty and kusari. Work out nicely so far ! Thank you all for your welcome anyway !
Welcome to Discovery!
Good start already - always glad to see new people in the Liberty Navy Wink

One thing though - Liberty is the busiest place on this server, I think, also there are some inoffical reputations regarding pvp within Liberty.

Some player's rp is limited to a few sentences before they engage you, or try to lure you away to a spot in their favor, before they attack you, or make you attack them.
Don't be surprised, when there are players joining you in a fight against an other player, or when two or more players attack you at once.
It can be pretty discouraging and frustrating, especially when one is new on the server. Atleast it was to me.
Best thing to do is, to not mind either, getting used to it, getting better at PVP.

Aside from that, roleplay is always appreciated and liked.

Good luck and have fun!