Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Take a look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am not sure is it up to me or anyone else has this problem. I start my FL from DS Launcher and whenever I do that, my start screen gets flashy as hell. Now if it is like that only in my case, its fine, but if anyone else has the same problem then we are in trouble. Some new player will join the community, download all this stuff, and if he has epilepsy or some visual problem, any kind of health illness it wont be good. We must be aware that something terrible can happen because of this fluke. Now I ask Administrators, Mods, Devs, everyone who knows around this thing to see into it, before anything bad happens. Now I hope this is the situation in my case only, that the others are not affected, but please if you can look into this, it will take you a small amount of time. Kind regards and thank you in advance.
It seems like to me you have the bloom mod activated?
Uhm actually not really. At least I cannot find that I have used that mod. Its the simple mod, nothing added, nothing touched, just ordinary.
My game starts like that half the time. the mouse also doesnt kick in for a bit either. I think epilepsy is triggered by the frequency of the flashes. I seem to recall being told that when the flashing lights on police cars wer first introduced , that in england, they caused epileptic fits. I think the flashing has to do with the graphics card and the game wanting to run on older systems .. somethng to do with the programming hooks to the operating system
No bloom mod here...basic Disco install and when i start it does the same thing....flashes like crazy...i usually have to look away it gets so bad so it is not just your game doing it..
Look taken.
Yeah, flashing for me to, but i ignore it.
I had this too. But not any more, since I reinstalled the game without bloom effect. (You are chosing whether or not to install bloom during the discovery mod installation.)

I have to agree, that it is annoying as hell. I too had to look somewhere else when the game was starting. No idea what the bloom effect actually does, since i did not noticed any change, after disabling it.

I would vote for removing the bloom from the installation pack, or at the very least put a note there, that it causes the game to flash violently at the start. Or even better, make it so, that it does not flash.

Also an easy way of disabling the bloom would be nice. And I do not mean something like: remove files or such. A proper way, using a batch file from the game directory, or even in the Launcher, if possible. (OT: resizeable launcher would be great too.)
I get no flickering as I start the game windowed.
(08-16-2017, 11:37 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I get no flickering as I start the game windowed.

My Discovery used to crash while starting and on the occasions it didnt crash it flickered. Switching to windowed mode in the launcher setting solved that issue.
Pages: 1 2 3