Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Heyo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, everybody. Not sure how much I'll poke around the welcoming threads after this, but I figured I'd at least very briefly introduce myself. I've recently decided to reinstall Freelancer and figured that I might as well pull down the latest version of Discovery as well. I had a lot of fun with the RP that went on way back in the early 2000's so whether I get particularly deep into the community here or not I hope that we can all have fun together!

I do plan on mostly running around with one character, Naoto Shirogane. What do you mean I stole that name? While I'm still working on his history, he's certainly going to be a Bounty Hunter, maybe freelance maybe official, but he'll work very closely with the guild either way. As for any other characters, who knows what'll happen? If anybody's interested in some RP just hit me up sometime, I'm usually just out running missions and slowly stretching my wings more and more through the Bretonia and Liberty systems until I feel like I've got a real hang on things.
Welcome! I'm sure we'll be seeing you around and look forward to encountering you. As for the signature, the maximum size for a picture is 700x250 I believe.

Edit: Ty Sombs
No, the maximum size for the entire signature is 700x250. It's in the forum rules. ;3

Welcome to Discovery! I'd go for a Freelancer as you will have more interactions possible on Freelancer ID than on Bounty Hunter ID while you can do the same stuff as Bounty Hunter. Make sure you train enough, otherwise I mop the floor with you. Smile
Cool beans, thanks for the help you two. I have already picked up the Bounty Hunter ID, but there's no reason I couldn't switch back to the Freelancer if that'll end up working out better.
Hey there, and welcome to the Discovery server! There is much fun and many interesting interactions to be had (not only Sombra mopping the floor with you), so just roam around and find people to talk to!

Freelancer ID gives you more freedom in how to develop your character (e.g. whether they are a lawful or unlawful one, as Bounty Hunters are bound to the lawful side). Thus, it's better in pretty much every regard.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you around!
Would you people stop trying to talk the guy out of the Bounty Hunter ID? Hunters have advantages aswell, like their shipline and guns, and some ID diversity is always welcome.

That being said, welcome to the server, if you have any questions feel free to ask, most people are willing to help you.

One last thing, importing even only a name is generally not a good idea, personally I had no idea where your character's name came from until I googled it, but other people might and they could be somewhat unhappy to see the name of their favorite character being used by someone on the server. People might already associate things with the name.
Welcome mate, shoot any question you have, and someone gotta know the answer. See y'a out there! *Jack waves too*