Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [DSLauncher Request] GlowMod Button & ChatTime Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

Since experiencing a series of clashes that I managed to correlate with the ENBSeries Glod Mod (the GTA Vice City thing...),
I reinstalled the game and mod with the "Install Glow Mod" option unchecked. However, it doesn't work.

Also, fiddling with any .ini or .DLL files is a big no.

I think a button toggle for the Glow effect mod on the Discovery Launcher is a good addition.

Another issue is that I've noticed that the /set chatttime on command does not persist after relogging; you have to do it every time you log in now, for some reason...

As such, adding a "Log Chat Time" button might be convenient as well.

Thanks,
Sky
There's already a chat log time function, it's listed as "Log Time" as well as the other option of "Log with local time"
Indeed, but that "Log Time" button refers to the internal DSAce log in the 'My Games' folder and does not make the chat time appear in the Ingame Chat, so that it can be conveniently screened.

I think the current "Log Time" button can be renamed to "DSAce Time Stamp" and the new functionality to replace the command "/set chattime on" can properly inherit the name "Log Chat Time" or something similar.

This may help expedite the processing of some RP evidence, requests, and reports that deal with screenshots...

The alternative is that the "/set chattime on" command is again made persistent (it used to be), so that it doesn't reset to the "off" state when a character relogs. = /
Ohh, I misunderstood you, yeah, that makes sense. Though chatfont etc differs between each character, like most of the times I have to reset aux shareds back to default from tiny or huge fonts from preferences, I think they're stored server-side on each character file, not entirely sure but that seems to be the case.
glow mod? if you mean bloom from ENB mod you can do shift + f12 to turn off ENB in game;
or change the [global] UseEffect=1 to 0 in enbseries.ini (exe folder)
or delete d3d9.dll and d3d8.dll
these are files directly related to ENB only so you wont get hammered by admins for changing or deleted them.
The bloom effect was beeing discussed not long ago https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=152827
I would be deffinitely for an easy way to disable bloom. Not messing with files and such, cause that can cause so many problems.

As for the "/set chattime on" it indeed appears to be stored server-side, per character. And I think it gets deleted/reverted to default when you move that character. So maybe it is also tied to account somehow.

In any case, why is "/set chattime on" not a default? How can people even use chat without timestamps?

When at it, "/autobuy bb on" as default would be nice too.
(08-21-2017, 06:48 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, why is "/set chattime on" not a default? How can people even use chat without timestamps?

The dsace logs keep a record of the timestamp.

e.g. [21.08.2017 14:17:07] Initialising
(08-21-2017, 06:48 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, why is "/set chattime on" not a default? How can people even use chat without timestamps?

It looks to me that chattime on is needed if one intends to play sanctionlancer. :/
I don't need chattime on. It's annoying. If I need the time of a post, DSAce is a thing.
(08-21-2017, 08:33 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]

It looks to me that chattime on is needed if one intends to play sanctionlancer. :/
It is pretty usefull for AFK, Alt+Tab users as well.

(08-21-2017, 08:38 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I don't need chattime on. It's annoying. If I need the time of a post, DSAce is a thing.
I need it. The absence of timestamp in chat (any chat) is annoying. DSAce is outside of game.
Pages: 1 2