Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Laz's FX and Stuff (Rebooted)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, with the changing of the probation state, I can start posting my things again. That's nice and cool. I'll link some things in the OP (will be a couple of posts cause mybb set max of 3 videos per post) of my former work and will post things as I make them if I feel they are deserved of it.

If you want anything made, or need to bump me because I agreed to something then forgot about it (sorry), either post below or use the google form attached in my signature. Feedback on my work is welcomed as its nice to hear what people think.

What is in the works/Laz's to do list:
• New Nomad THN Intro - Camera script completed
• Variations on the Nomad HUD
• NomadStuff™
• Multiplayer Cutscenes - Works but very buggy at times
• Vagrant's FX
• New Starspheres
• New Jump FX

Laz's Portfolio:

Note: If you read the description of this video, I state that this is mostly done with Treewyrm's Jumpgate Ale and it doesn't use a jump tunnel. Credit where credit is due, this is more his work than mine - I just made some changes to the code to make it look a tad different.

There is, of course, more stuff on my YT channel, but it's rather boring stuff on there. A lot of my good stuff ends up not being made into videos or is hidden because I was unable to post at the time of creation.

Kudos to for his help teaching me all of these things, as well as his docs.

Note: Oh wow, it's been over a year since I started this. Time flies.

[video=youtube#]#placeholder[/video]
Nice stuff Laz, but I have a question. Is it possible to have a custom background like you did for the Yaren patrol?

For example, Bretonian Mining ships in Dublin getting engaged by Mollys and getting reinforcement?

If that is possible, is it legit to have it on a normal disco installation without triggering any anti cheat?
These jump effects look badass.
Devs use plox. For events or supa speshul locations.
It is possible and will not trigger the anticheat. Combat/Projectiles are not as easy to do because movement takes a while to do in THN and each projectile needs its own entry. To simplify, a Make has 8 engines. Each one needs to be given the effect and bound. My Yaren Patrol has 2 makos. Each entry needs a start effect and the effect itself. Those two makos have 16 entries just for the engines.

One effect entry looks something like this:
This doesn't even consider movement or anything else. I once coded a small combat scene but it took several hours just to do a single mortar salvo and give it explosion FX and other things you see within the game.

Intro loops for about two hours. Still debating whether to increase the camera rotation speed.

This took me most of yesterday because I was in an "FL modding" mood for the first time in a while. If I could get some feedback on this, would be great. Also ideas for other intros ^_^

Edit: Kudos to & @Jeider for assistance in creating this.
(09-11-2017, 11:15 AM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]

Intro loops for about two hours. Still debating whether to increase the camera rotation speed.

This took me most of yesterday because I was in a "FL modding" mood for the first time in a while. If I could get some feedback on this, would be great. Also ideas for other intros ^_^

Its perfect. Really well done.
I like the strong contrast based on the lack of lightpoints. The effects and the glowmaps are the only visible things, while everything else is just silhouette.
Pages: 1 2