Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Government of Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Y2tw2xS.png]

Dear Sir or Mam
[Image: zbv7b0N.png]

I am hereby, as owner of and behalf on, Kelly Stock Exchange LLC requesting access to and grant of passage trough Liberty space for the mobile Stock-Trading ship the “InterstellarAmbitions”.

Our plans are to spend 3 months in the orbit of the Planets, Manhattan, Los Angeles and Denver. There we will provide training to interested individuals in stock trading, including the related fields of risk assessment, data management, processing, and visualization and decision making.

Providing this workshop and platform for a limited amount of time will help to assess the interest of Liberty and it’s citizen in stock trading. This will determine whether or not Kelly Stock Exchange LLC will prepare further steps to build a stock-trading facility in Liberty.

Now, of course, I don’t need to tell you about the positive impact both the workshop and a top-tier stock-trading facility could have on the Liberty economy. Initially, it will be small, of course, but given our experience in stock trading, the market could grow to a significant size.

The ship “Interstellar Ambition” is a completely-retrofitted "Nephilim" Zoner Mobile Colony Ship. However, due to the nature of it’s use, i.e. being a mobile stock-market she does not have the capacity to fire, nor to carry any guns other than those purely for defence against fighters (secondary guns).

Speaking of the ship herself, we also would like to request a short stay on Norfolk Shipyard, to retrofit her docking-ports to also be compatible with the standards according to Ageira. This would make for a better handling inside Liberty.

The “Interstellar Ambition” is currently residing in Rheinland, where we have a similar understanding with the government of Rheinland as outlined above. A favourable decision from the Liberty Government and successful assessment would help to further improve relations between Rheinland and Liberty as the trading between the houses could start to include stocks and bonds.

Best Regards
Jason Kelly
Owner Kelly Stock Exchange LLC

Re-Transmitting Message

11th of September 824

[Image: Flag-liberty.png]

The Republic of Liberty
Department of Trade and Economics

Jason Kelly, Owner Kelly Stock Exchange LLC

We thank you for your interest in the economic powerhouse that is the Liberty Stock Exchange. As you are aware, the majority of pan-House and inter-House business interests are represented there, and anyone who applies themselves with alacrity and an eye for what has been termed "The Art of the Deal" can quickly find themselves and their associates quite wealthy in short order. We would welcome your interest in instructing more potential investors in such trade-craft.

That said, we are concerned about the proposed requirements you say that you need to instantiate such an endeavor. The "Nephilim" class colony vessel has been likened to a city in space; an apt description given its original mission profile. The adjustment to flight patterns over the various worlds you propose visit would be significant, not to mention the backups in inter-system travel as your vessel is maneuvered into position for transit at the Jump Gates.

We therefore must ask for what reason you require such a colossal vessel to operate your business in Liberty with. There are already several exceptions to the Section Three Article IV ban on warship class activity in Liberty space. Would none of these exempted vessels meet your needs? Would a well appointed liner not be more suited to your proposal? We cannot see a viable reason to permit a vessel of that class to operate in Liberty simply for business training purposes unless an overriding need is presented. Your request is denied pending such an explanation.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics

Dear Sir or mam,

Being a “city in space” is exactly what defines the mission parameters of the “Interstellar Ambition”. A city dedicated to stocks and bonds. It was designed to be an extension to “Las Palmas Interstellar Stock Market” (LPISM). Thus, the “complete retrofit” discussed earlier is to be taken literally, as the whole interior has been changed to accommodate for her new assignment.

Consequently, conforming to Libertonian regulations was not prioritized and building another ship simply to perform a market analysis within liberty is not feasibly either.

As far as the other worries are concerned, the captain of the Interstellar Ambition has shown himself to be very adept when it comes to handling Jump Gates. And about the disruption of flight patterns, well, the only ones observed were due to people taking a closer look at my ship. This is mostly due to the fact that she, indeed, is an awesome sight and secondly due to the fact that we tend to stay close to, but not within major shipping lines, including trade lanes, thus allowing for uninterrupted travel.

Frankly, the current stay within Rheinland has already proven that your worries, while understandable, are simply not warranted.

Best Regards
Jason Kelly
18th of September 824

[Image: Flag-liberty.png]

The Republic of Liberty
Department of Trade and Economics

Jason Kelly, Owner Kelly Stock Exchange LLC

I have consulted with Secretary of Defense Robert McKay on the matter and per his recommendation I must report to you that your request is still denied.

I would suggest that if you wish to carry on with your goal of bringing economic education to the citizens of Liberty that you pursue other venues for your operations. Newark Station certainly has both the staff and accommodations to host a large scale event of this type, and there are certainly a multitude of office suites on Liberty's other worlds that would serve well as ancillary locations for conference purposes. Your affiliation with Interspace Commerce would certainly give you primacy in negotiations for such spaces. We hope that you take these factors into consideration as you consider your next steps within Liberty.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics

Dear Mr. Hawthorne,

I’m afraid that too is not possible, the access-node to our trading-network is an integral part of both the Interstellar Ambition and our service. We believe in showing our future customer the real deal and not rely on a fancy presentation to trigger purchase decisions. As the age-old saying goes: “It’s the feel that makes the deal”.

Consequently “other venues” simply will not do, at lest not without major investments to build an access-node to our proprietary network. This is, however, a multi-billion credit investment and therefore not doable without prior market-research, which, incidentally, as stated before, is the exact purpose of the “Interstellar Ambition”.

Therefore, it seems there is no middle-ground to be reached here. Thus, my company will focus on the houses that have allowed a Libertarian to pursue his dreams. We do hope, however, that in time, as my company is growing outside of liberty, the Republic of Liberty will change its mind.

Best Regards
Jason Kelly
Owner Kelly Stock Exchange LLC