Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just... wow. Discussion in the spoiler below

Brienne best character
Terrible plot, great scenes. I really don't buy the supersonic ravens or dragons or the 6 not freezing to death while they're waiting for Daenerys, but the fighting was good. I also didn't like them trying to add tension between Sansa and Arya, it's unnecessary. And yeah, chills at the end. As one of the comments said:

"Game of Thrones season 7 episode 6 didn't make a lick of sense and I loved every second."
Arya is a psycho. Gotta love her scaring her big sister.
(08-21-2017, 07:51 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Terrible plot, great scenes. I really don't buy the supersonic ravens or dragons or the 6 not freezing to death while they're waiting for Daenerys, but the fighting was good. I also didn't like them trying to add tension between Sansa and Arya, it's unnecessary. And yeah, chills at the end. As one of the comments said:

"Game of Thrones season 7 episode 6 didn't make a lick of sense and I loved every second."

Someone actually wrote a long post about it. Posting below. But yes, I agree. Not a ton of sense in areas, but still awesome and jaw-dropping.

"For those complaining about the ridiculousness of the Ravens flying to Dragonstone and Dany flying back all before the fellowship froze over have a read:
The Fellowship didn't make camp on their ranging so they couldnt have been more than a days walk from the wall. If Gendry makes it back from where they were back to the wall (It wasn't dark when Gendry made it to the wall) on the same day then we have to assume a relatively short hike.
As far as ravens, we don't have a ton of information about them, though if we accept they they are like pigeons then we could go with the following:
''The longest distance flown on one day by a racing pigeon, is the 751 miles from Lulea to Malmo, in Sweden, when birds released above the Arctic Circle at Lulea at 0100 hrs, in the Midnight Sun Derby were recorded home in Malmo, 751 miles to the south, 17hours later, having flown the entire course at an average speed of 44mph.''
The distance from Dragonstone to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea is roughly estimated to be at about 1800 miles per this scaled map. So thats roughly 2 days of flight for a comparable bird flying in arctic conditions and crossing smallish bodies of water (Lulea to Malmo, Sweden).
Using this real world measure it takes around 2 days for the Raven to get to Dragonstone.
For the flight from Dragonstone to Eastwatch we need to use outside lore infromation. According to this essay a huge dragon could potentially fly at 100mph. With a relatively light Dany in tow that estimate can probably be reduced to 90-80mph. Note also with the other two Dragons, they could continually fly a highly efficient v-shape formation commonly seen with migratory birds. So that roughly equates to 21hrs to Eastwatch plus a further hour to find the fellowship.
TLBig GrinR: Overall Gendry would make it to the Wall before nightfall of Day 1, the raven would make the flight to Dragonstone by or before nightfall of Day 3. Dany would then have to make a pretty dangerous night flight for majority of the way with her dragons and get to the survivors by Mid afternoon Day 4.
Surviving 3 days on the frozen lake with minimal food and water isn't totaly impossible. They have Beric and Thoros' swords for warmth + light when needed. Plus the lake had frozen over again by the end, showing that some time had passed.
Overall this season has some pretty big plot holes, but this particular event doesn't seem to be that unbelievable."

All in all, this:

[Image: 2dc26bfb11a649ca777e0ec239dfe288a7be059e...900758.jpg]
Just finished watching that episode. The moment the fight was over, I called for it: What dies there, won't be dead for long. Big Grin
Nope. As soon as I saw the NK grab the weapon, I verbally said "No... Oh god damnit. No!". My wife was just sitting there with her jaw-dropped in anticipation. Ha
I really liked the first 6 seazons, mostly for the depth and details of their plot, but 7 seems to be quite full of plot holes. I wonder how Jon has survived at least half a day on at most -10°C with fully wet clothing, on an undead horse (so no heating). That horse was undead, right?
(08-21-2017, 09:22 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]I really liked the first 6 seazons, mostly for the depth and details of their plot, but 7 seems to be quite full of plot holes. I wonder how Jon has survived at least half a day on at most -10°C with fully wet clothing, on an undead horse (so no heating). That horse was undead, right?

I don't believe the horse was undead, though I could be wrong. In prior sightings of said horse, it looked fully-alive to me.

As far as plot holes, I agree. Though I don't want to say I'm willing to forgive, so much as I'm too enticed/engrossed in the visuals and the overall story and where it's headed. Plus, it's Fantasy. Nothing can be truly 100% realistic. "Magic".

Now, as far the fully wet clothing and such, I'd say you could still survive, albeit barely. You're laying on top of a horse that is running, thus producing heat. So his core temp probably was elevated by laying on the horse, at least long enough to get him to the Wall and in a heated room to recover.

Plus, he technically is undead. GRRM confirmed that Beric (Flaming sword guy) is a Wight, but animated by Fire, not Ice. But he is still undead/a wight. Jon was resurrected by the lord of light as well, thus Jon is similarly a Fire Wight.
In fact, the plot would be so much more consistent from timeline perspective if Daenerys just went with the guys to the Wall and waited for them in the Eastwatch or what's its face to bring her the prisoner. Despite this, the show is great overall and the season is escalating things quickly, cannot wait for final episode(s).
Pages: 1 2