Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship Scanners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
In coordination with the Balance Team, the use of Battleship Scanners on anything smaller than a Battlecruiser is now again impossible. Small ships with a BS scanner mounted will not be able to undock.

This will be put in action next Sunday, 3rd of September.
I'd suggest delaying the implementation for a week so people who have their ships on POBs can move them rather than you having to manually address every ship.
EDIT: I didn't thinked it through *facepalm*
Fair point. I'll disable this and it will be put in action next Sunday, 3rd of September.
I also suggest big flashy baner in game and in forum to notify people to change their scanners , you will save your self a lot of work when people start whining to help them cause they dint read it and now they stuck somewhere . Aww
Can we know a few reasons? Curious. Fighters/bombers are understandable but what about cruisers, (battle)transports/liners and gunboats? Also will the Civilian Carrier be able to have it mounted?
^ Bustard have BS power core , so i guess it can .
Essentially, the reason is to give a tangible advantage for the moneysink that Battleship Scanners represent to the largest ship classes which would be imbalanced if accessible to all ships, since better scanners are much more effective the smaller and faster a ship is and the smaller its combat range.

The moneysink scanner for the other shipclasses is represented by the Spyglass Scanner, which any ship can mount and which still presents an advantage over the standard Advanced Deep (15/3.5 rather than 15/2).

I'm open to the idea of slightly improving the Spyglass but it won't be as effective as the Battleship Scanner.
This is actually not really on the Lane Hackers. It just reminded the teams that this was supposed to be active over a year ago.
This change is fine. spyglass scanners have the same range, just less cargo scan range. not so bad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7