Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Name change: H***.Cazador
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
H***.Cazador:

We have changed your name as it is likely to be deemed offensive to some nationalities, we have added 2 million to your account so you can choose a new name.

Original Link for Admin/Mod Use |

I don't get it. Why do I have to rename it for? Explain a bit more. The name is currently as spanish if you translate to English it says Bone Hunter. Please explain. The person told me, the name of my character is bad and swearing so how come I know every global country language which is bad or swear? I honestly don't get you.

Also I filed a report against the person who was threatening me about the name. Was the person Admin or a normal user? If the person was admin how come he can warn me when he is not allowed to do so.

One more thing, if I make a character and the name I pick really dirty slang how can you find it, which could be mean swearing in my country language, btw Im from Bangladesh. Will you check all the character name means and google it???
It is however in Russian, close to slang for something else.

They were a normal user, trying to point out the potential problem to you, which is where we discovered the problem. He was trying to help you and you reported him.This way we thought you may realise you have inadvertently caused a problem.

We do not think it was intentional, that is why you have no sanction and we have given you the money to rename.

If you had a history of accidental slang names the situation may well have been different.
I honestly do not know what to say now, but I cant rename it, not in pc atm.
So you wish to continue flying with a name you now know to be offensive to some people?

All we have done is ask you to chance it and given you the money to do so, what is the big deal?
Hey, when did I say I wont change it? Jeez. I,m not in my pc, I can do later or tomorrow. I been in here since 2010 and always been nice in here so please be patient.