Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Prevent sp save game deletion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't really want to necro another thread for this. Great Mod and always was. Just returning and loving the changes since I last played. One question:

I have little ones that like to play around on FL. Don't want to put them on a server so SP is fun. Question is: How do I inhibit DSLauncher from deleting their saved games?

Hoping for a simple edit to "launcherconfig" but if it's more I understand.

Currently, I back up saves in another folder. Open the save game they want to use in the save game editor, after clicking "launch" in the DSLauncher I wait for it to delete the files then quickly hit save in the save game editor to put it back before the game starts.

It's sloppy but it works. Is there a better way. Thanks for your time!!

Note: I realize I can just run the game from the freelancer.exe in the /EXE folder. However, doing this makes the fonts massive and the game is pretty much unplayable :-(
There is no option in launcherconfig.xml that would disable the deletion of SP saves. I did read somewhere, that this is intentional, for stability reasons.

Sadly, preventing the launcher from deleting the files from c:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer\ by using folder security properties doesn't work, the launcher throws an error and won't launch the game.

I guess you could automate what you do manualy, make a batch with loop, that would constantly synchronize content of c:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer\ with some backup folder. But that is rather dirty approach.

Or setup your own server, for LAN only, that might work even better. Although that won't allow you to save/load your SP, only play MP on an empty server.

Runing the game using Freelancer.exe with additional parameters like resolution and such could be a solution.
Singleplayer is a testing platform more than anything else. If you wish to learn some console commands to try your favorite ship or visit any place, refer to this post.
Antonio, sweet mother of Jospeh that is insane. Thank you so much for sharing how to do that in SP.
(08-28-2017, 08:20 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Singleplayer is a testing platform more than anything else. If you wish to learn some console commands to try your favorite ship or visit any place, refer to this post.

Good stuff there! Doesn't really solve my issue but I may just write an app of my own for it. Thanks!
As I figured, the only way to get rid of this is to have 2nd installation of Freelancer and play singleplayer without the mod. The mod doesn't add anything to the singleplayer campaign.
(08-28-2017, 04:02 PM)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]As I figured, the only way to get rid of this is to have 2nd installation of Freelancer and play singleplayer without the mod. The mod doesn't add anything to the singleplayer campaign.

The mod adds a ton of ships and systems that makes OpenSP such a better experience. I'm still using my method to manually back up saves and restore them a second after the DSLauncher deletes them. I wonder if there is an optional argument that would inhibit this...?
Why not just make a private server and let him play on that? It solves the saved data problem and it's easy to activate it.