Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The other side of the coin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other side of the coin.

[Image: M4osT2X.jpg]
Under the roof of this small building on the outskirts of the capital of the Republic can be seen a variety of groups and factions, from bounty hunters to radical xenos. The smell of strong alcohol and tobacco is an indispensable attribute of this drinking establishment. In the same place, in conditions of secrecy, contracts are concluded, from which the leader of the police himself would become gray. Here, no one cares about you, where you came from and what you are doing here, just pay for a drink or get out.
The figure of a woman, fully dressed in combat armor with the insignia of xenos and a hood on her head, went into the bar. Looking around the room, she immediately went to the already ordered table in the corner of the room, where none of the attendants could hear anything. Sitting at the table, she began to wait patiently...

A tall man enter the room, take a quick look around and went directly to the one who invited him.
- Greetings Ma'am, sorry for the wait, had to finish some jobs.
[Image: oTNiQdT.png]
The woman looked at the newcomer and nodded. After a pause, she took off her hood.
- Good day. Nazawo, I assume? Prety strange name for libertonian. Where are you from? And what do you want to take? Whiskey? Beer? It gonna be a long conversation.
Her voice was quite quiet and calm, but it still had a touch of steel. With an involuntary movement, she adjusted the holster on her belt. She knew how to shoot through the fabric and was ready to use it, if this man will try to arrest her. Then she looked around the room with her eyes. She did not need any extra witnesses who thought that they could sell other people's secrets for a small fee. She glanced once more at the man. Is he going to really arrest her? Grace shook her head. After all, xeno life has consequences.
Having noticed her movement, he got his hand on the holster of his own weapon. Then sits down.
- You know I didnt came through all this to get shoot at in a bar. As from my name, no, it's not from Liberty. It's a Kusarian one.
He get himself more comfortable in his seat, then remove his hand from the holster.
- I'll take a beer. And for god sake, chill. We're not here to start another bloody fight.
She nodded, somewhat relaxed. After that, she put her hand on the table and with the other hand waved the bartender:
- Two cold rheinlandic beers and faster!
After that, she looked again at the soldier. There was something in it that was not in most soldiers. He not only decided to save her life, but also to listen to her. Understand her. This was something that modern law enforcement agencies lacked. Unforced gait, relaxed behavior... Along with this person came to her pictures of life before joining the ranks of Xenos. She shook her head again and smiled slightly.
- Sorry, memories. So, I assume, you came here to get the truth and listen the story of my life? In other words, to know, why I became Xeno.
At that time a pretty waitress came up in a typical suit, chestnut hair and blue eyes. She put two glasses of beer on the table, and both glasses immediately became covered with drops.
He takes another look around, to make sure no one is listening, thanks the waitress and then look back at his interlocutor.
- Well, that's why i'm here, yeah. I think it's important to know for what cause fights your enemies.
Silence hung for a few minutes. Grace leaned back, sighing.
- To begin with, I would like to hear how much you are right about us. Who are we, xenos?
De facto, but on his answer depended a lot. Grace took a glass of beer and took a sip. The amber drink tasted very good, so she took the second sip, looking straight at the man.
He takes a moment to think
-From what Liberty told me, a bunch of terrorists opposed in trade with foreigners. But I'd say you more a group mad at foreigners because they made you lost jobs and all.
- At least not insane terrorists, adoring bloody baths on weekends.
A slight smile slipped over her lips. She took another sip of beer and began her story:
- Look at us. Who are we? Terrorists? Cruel killers? No, most of us are ordinary workers, whose own government left with no chance of survival. Angry, we first peacefully protested in the streets, and when this did not help, we took up arms. We were replaced by cheap foreign force, our independent companies were trampled by foreign manufacturers. Once my family owned a mining company. We were engaged in the mining of metals in Vespucci and everything was fine until our concern was crushed by some mining company from Kusari. My mother disappeared, and my father committed suicide. And this is not the first time. I'm just one example of a thousand broken lives. We will return to our workers what was taken from us. Why does Xeno exist? The one more reasons is you. Corrupted government. The police, who preferes to close eyes on obvious crimes from foreigners. We are fighting with system, system of corruption, injustice and bureaucracy.
Grace finished her monologue. She was breathing heavily. In the end, she decided to moisten her throat with another sip of beer, looking at the man.