Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DSace reset itself or something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find any logs past yesterday does it reset on it's own or something?
Sometimes it seems to do that, yes. I haven't been able to find the exact cause, might have been me playing around with .bat files and starting FL that way, but since the last time it happened I keep making backups. Maybe I'll write a program someday that automatically does that, if I find the time and will.
Mine reset after logging for the first time since the server was down a few days ago. Might have something to do with that
On the Discovery Launcher, there is a button that says "Restore DSAce" I am guessing that hitting that button might reset the logs to Zero. Maybe miss clicking it might have done it... My left mouse button is extremely sensitive and will sometimes tap things I did not intent to have tapped.
Running a different version of disco, especially running Freelancer.exe wipes all the DSace logs. I always back them up, since I've lost vital info that I needed one time, pissed me off ever since.
(08-28-2017, 08:09 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Running a different version of disco, especially running Freelancer.exe wipes all the DSace logs. I always back them up, since I've lost vital info that I needed one time, pissed me off ever since.

I know what you feel, I just found out my logs are gone!

This, and the SP saves, this is calling for some backup batch.

(08-28-2017, 08:07 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]On the Discovery Launcher, there is a button that says "Restore DSAce" I am guessing that hitting that button might reset the logs to Zero. Maybe miss clicking it might have done it... My left mouse button is extremely sensitive and will sometimes tap things I did not intent to have tapped.

No, the "Restore DSAce" is for restoring DSAce.dll located in C:\Games\Freelancer Discovery\EXE\ which is sometimes deleted by antivirus.