Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Tutorial] Singleplayer Commands - Test your favorite equipment, ships and more!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Singleplayer Commands

Want to test that expensive battleship or a shiny new engine without spending your precious credits on the server or simply visit Bastille without the admins yelling at you? Here's a quick and simple tutorial on what singleplayer offers.

First let's get basics out of the way. To access singleplayer, launch the game (via the launcher or the .exe file in your installation folder) and in the main menu click on singleplayer instead of multiplayer. You'll be dropped on Manhattan with a Stargazer and 25k credits. Just like in multiplayer, you will press the ENTER button to open the chat window. The only difference between MP and SP commands is that you won't be putting a slash ("/") in front of the text. In multiplayer we type "/help", while in singleplayer we will be typing "help". Once you wrote a command, simply press enter again to execute it.

List of commands

help - shows all available commands and guides you how to use them.
cash [amount] - gives you an X amount of cash, up to 2 billions.
rep = [amount] - sets your reputation with all factions on a desired level (-1 is full red, 1 is full green).
show - maps all systems, bases, wrecks, etc.
j [X amount, Y amount, Z amount] - teleports your ship by typed distance on all 3 axes. Typing just "j" teleports you to a currently selected object. Great for beaming yourself to wrecks, jumpgates, holes or anything that's not a base or a system.
s [system name or nickname] - teleports you to a system of your choice, at the exact distance from the center of the system you're jumping from.
b [base name or nickname] - teleports you to a base of your choice.
ghost - your ship stops interacting with objects, useful for minefields (radiation and other auras can still damage you).

Examples:

cash 1000000000 - gives you 1 billion credits.
rep = 1 - makes your reputation with everyone full green.
j 5000, -10000, 15000 - jump 5k forward, 10k left, 15k up.
j -15000, 5000, -5000 - jump 15k back, 5k right, 5k down.
s Cambridge or s ambridge - drops you in Cambridge.
s ku04 - drops you in Honshu.
b Malta or b alta - drops you on Planet Malta.
b st08_03_base - drops you on Akabat.

In order to get a full list of base and system nicknames, download FLStat. These are all you need to test stuff. More advanced commands are explained in the "help" command, so I won't go through them here. Here's a practical ingame example: Let's say I want to buy a Liberty Dreadnought, equip Nomad battleship guns on it and make a tour around Bastille. I'd type the following:

cash 1999999999
rep = 1
show
b Washington

I gave myself 2 billion credits, mapped my nav map, adjusted the reputation to be friendly with everyone and beamed myself to Washington Shipyard. I'll buy the Liberty dreadnought and beam myself to Altair by typing "b Altair". After getting the Nomad guns, I'll type this:

ghost
s Bastille

Ghost makes me invulnerable to mines. Once I'm in Bastille I'll probably visit the Guard Station by finding it on the nav map and typing "j" to beam my ship to it.

That's it. Let me know if it was helpful or if you have any questions.
how to spawn npcs and stuff ? is it possible in sp ?
Thank you very much for your efforts!
A awesome way to show how it works ...

Thanks Antonio, that's fantastic !!
You need to open up a server for that.
NPC spawning is a server admin thing that can't be done in SP(as far as i can tell since the commands dont work)

Also, rep = 1 puts you at 0.01, rep = 100 puts you at full green
Whenever I type system Bastille or s Bastille the game crashes, even with ghost on. Thoughts?
Doesn't happen wih regular systems and Conn. Also nice to see this as a complete tutorial, knew about it for a while except for the ghost thing.
Don't use the system jump command from inside a station. Undock first.
(08-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Dragonmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your efforts!

Np.

(08-28-2017, 06:04 PM)Eurobeat Wrote: [ -> ]NPC spawning is a server admin thing that can't be done in SP(as far as i can tell since the commands dont work)

For me rep = 1 is enough, please double check.
I feel like you missed one of the best commands "Costume Worm"
(08-28-2017, 07:07 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Dragonmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your efforts!

Np.

(08-28-2017, 06:04 PM)Eurobeat Wrote: [ -> ]NPC spawning is a server admin thing that can't be done in SP(as far as i can tell since the commands dont work)

For me rep = 1 is enough, please double check.

Wut. It only makes me .01 on everything D:
Pages: 1 2