Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sidewinder missiles need to be nerfed/deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Guys...
You don't realize that sidewinders are easily predicted. Just compare that to two bombers aiming their SNACs at each other.
Just use CDs and strafe like hell.

Besides the GB missiles probably deserve a buff. It doesn't even kill a fighter; let alone a gunboat.
My opinion is probably going to wind up controversial. But I do like the prospect the new sidewinders bring out. The fact that they bridge a certain skill gap that not everyone can deal with. I don't think games that currently do well force people down specific learning curves, they give you multiple ways to be proficient, because naturally, different people do different things better or worse.

In this case, I would say that the sidewinders need reduced figures in the following regards:
They lock on from quite a ways away, and in group fights this can become pretty.. iffy. Someone can sit behind you and pop them out to no end and there is no actual counter, they shouldn't be able to track that far. For how they operate, they should be a close-range hard-counter.

In addition to a lessened tracking distance, their life-time as seeking projectiles should also be put under the axe to further assert them as being close-range tools.

Everything else about them can stay the way it is. I personally like seeing some variety as opposed to just mounting an MR because nothing else can fit the bill or do the job the way you want it to.
I like it when people ask for a bigger skill gap while only so many profit from it. When there is a skill gap that makes people rant about them losing a 5vs1, something is definitely weird.

Oh boy. people don't need to Conn 24/7 to turn into something that actually can harm the top-tier players. How dare they.
The problem with the Sidewinder is that you get nigh guaranteed, unavoidable free damage in, if you are lucky, as high as 195.000 Damage.
Sidewinder 25x 7800 = 195.000
While a mini razor is a skill based gun that deals 17.400 per shot. You don't hit it nearly as often.

I don't agree with the removal of this weapon but I don't believe the way they are is how they should be.
(09-02-2017, 06:01 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I like it when people ask for a bigger skill gap while only so many profit from it. When there is a skill gap that makes people rant about them losing a 5vs1, something is definitely weird.

You should probably read the rest of the posts I made before you go assuming this was about one fight.

Quote:Oh boy. people don't need to Conn 24/7 to turn into something that actually can harm the top-tier players. How dare they.

Oh boy, skill is actually a factor that should be required to be good at the game? No, practice is irrelevant, incentives to get better are irrelevant, lets just throw in tools that make frenzies determined entirely by who has more of that tool.
According to a number of balance devs, player skill should entirely go out the window the second numbers are involved. Who are you to question their boundless intelligence?
i agree with jayce BIG TIME

I do think that sidewinders should get a nerf, to me the most logical nerf would be ammo count, since the users would spam out the missiles probably wice as fast and then be unable to do anything else.
How is making something incredibly powerful 'closing the skill gap'? They'll just smash unskilled players as well as skilled ones, perhaps unskilled even more so if they don't know how to utilize counters.

Sidewinders desperately need a nerf. They're broken. CMs are unreliable, and CDs require timing and the players to face them, not to mention the CD count was recently nerfed.
We're aware that Sidewinders are broken. They will not stay as they are now.
Quote:CMs are unreliable,

IN WHAT WORLD?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5