Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.89 Missiles & Sidewinder Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

A couple of days ago, I made a small chart comparing 4.89 missiles. Here's what we have presently:

Paralyzer - guided
S.Dmg: 15,000_____Ammo: 20_____S.DPS: 2,107_____Total.S.Dmg: 301,000

Firestalker - guided
H.Dmg: 3,500______Ammo: 30_____H.DPS: 1,155_____Total.H.Dmg: 105,000

Sidewinder - guided
H.Dmg: 7,800______Ammo: 25_____H.DPS: 780_______Total.H.Dmg: 195,000

Cannonball - unguided
H.Dmg: 10,000_____Ammo: 15_____H.DPS: 2,500______Total.H.Dmg: 150,000

Catapult - unguided & imprecise
H.Dmg: 2,500______Ammo: 120____H.DPS: 15,000____Total.H.Dmg: 300,000

[Poll Option 1] - Sky's Proposal 1: Reduce the Sidewinder's Total Hull Damage by reducing ammo count + buff or change other missile stats (EXPLAIN)
[Poll Option 2] - Sky's Proposal 2: Proposal 1 + nearly zero the Sidewinder's shield damage (only good vs. hull) + + buff or change other missile stats (EXPLAIN)
[Poll Option 3] - Sky's Proposal 3: Proposal 2 + buff or change other missile stats (EXPLAIN)
[Poll Option 4] - Wesker's Proposal: Delete the Sidewinder :^)

Comment: I take Poll Option 3; Besides nerfing Sidewinders' ammo count and shield damage, I think the Cannonball needs a buff; the Catapult missile pod is just too good compared to it.

Personal Note: I don't use Sidewinders. However, they are a ruthless counter to careless jousting and heavy arcade-style boxing which is the most popular "pro-level" dueling style. I do not like this style because it reminds me how FL is a fun arcade game and not a fun space/flight sim. As such, I don't think making missiles nearly useless or having average pilots stand 0.01% chance against boxing abuse is a viable option. In vanilla, missiles were super OP, but I think that making them useless again is silly too...

-Sky
The Catapult does not function the same way as the Cannonball.
The Catapult is actually a gun, like the Hellfire rocket pod: It has no explosion radius, no detonation distance, only direct hits cause damage.
The Cannonball is more similar to an easy to use MR. It does substantial damage, but doesn't require a direct hit.

And again, the Sidewinder is broken. It's too fast.
SideWinder is way too broken compared to others.
What's weird about the sidewinder is it actually travels at 60 ms. but is displayed as 400 due to the acceleration time being 0. (Not sure why) It's not as broken as everyone thinks and is fairly easily dodge-able if you're not running head on.
need more amo to sidewinder
(09-02-2017, 08:15 PM)Smolik.Evgeniy Wrote: [ -> ]need more amo to sidewinder

Now that's really something where Tom Cruise is appropiate to post.
i think sidewinder not have enough ammo to it

i think 120 is ok for ammo count!

Edit: I thought this was flood. I'm sorry.

I think the ammo should remain at the same or higher count, with severely reduced damage.
I think the Sidewinder would be more competitive if it didn't suffer from such crippling ammo issues. 25 really isn't enough for the population we now enjoy in 2017 - I think we need at least double that, and maybe even touching on triple digits.
i think all weapon slots should be auxilitary slots

having to press 1 key more than once to kill an opponent is poor understanding of pvp from the dev side
Where's the option to bring back the Starkiller? #TorpLivesMatter
Pages: 1 2