Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: UN|Scharfrichter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UN|Scharfrichter has been sanctioned for:

Quote:1.2 Flaming, insulting, trolling and harassing other players

Consequences: Loss of credits and weapons.

Don't insult other players.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
As the person who flies that ship.....

What? I don't do sanctionable offences ingame. I just don't. I haven't in the last five years and I ain't starting now.

Ooh, I remember. That moron who engaged us without doing any RP whatsoever. Did you look at his logs?

Edit: I'm going to assume this is a troll report made maliciously and I'm going to find the evidence to defend myself.
Evidence sent
Clavius Wrote:[27.08.2017 22:20:40] RNC-Hannover: Wolfhard: There you are.
[27.08.2017 22:20:48] RNC-Hannover: Wolfhard: Are you serious?
[27.08.2017 22:20:51] [RHA]RHC-Hessen: RO: Weapons are online and ready.
[27.08.2017 22:20:51] UN|Scharfrichter: Oh my god. We've just survived two warships.
[27.08.2017 22:20:51] [RHA]RHC-Odenwald: RO: We have a hostile contact. Men, to battlestations.
[27.08.2017 22:21:01] RNC-Hannover: Wolfhard: All hands to battlestations. Kill the f*ck miners.
[27.08.2017 22:21:04] [RHA]RHC-Odenwald: RO: Open fire, open fire.
[27.08.2017 22:21:10] [RHA]RHC-Hessen: RO: Take it!
[27.08.2017 22:21:11] Hobb.Okei: Hello!
[27.08.2017 22:21:28] UN|Scharfrichter: ?: Let's get out of here whilst the going's good. To Frankfurt.
[27.08.2017 22:21:38] UN|Erika: Mary: YOu go !
[27.08.2017 22:21:43] Death: Nazawo was put out of action by [LN]-John.Mayer (Mine).
[27.08.2017 22:21:48] UN|Erika: Mary: I have to do something !
[27.08.2017 22:21:51] UN|Scharfrichter: Gunn: Mary, you're on me.
[27.08.2017 22:22:49] UN|Erika: Mary: there is only one more thing that I hate more than hessians.
[27.08.2017 22:23:01] Hobb.Okei: No time for self loathing now
[27.08.2017 22:23:15] UN|Scharfrichter: Gunn: they're going to wipe you out as soon as the Hannover is disabled. I wouldn't.
[27.08.2017 22:23:35] UN|Erika: Mary: Rot in Hell captain of the Hannover !

- both UN ships enter Frankfurt. Neither UN ship was engaged yet -

[27.08.2017 22:25:04] UN|Scharfrichter: // Shooting without RP
[27.08.2017 22:25:06] UN|Scharfrichter: // Nice.

[27.08.2017 22:25:11] Hobb.Okei: //you just did the same thing so
[27.08.2017 22:25:21] [RHA]RHC-Odenwald: // I gave the messages minutes ago.
[27.08.2017 22:25:25] Hobb.Okei: //not to me
[27.08.2017 22:25:41] Death: UN|Erika was put out of action by RM-Ragnar.Lodbrok (Gun).
[27.08.2017 22:26:50] UN|Scharfrichter: // Nice Oorp, moron.
[27.08.2017 22:27:02] SCRA|Mehmed.Selim: // what do we need most right now
[27.08.2017 22:27:24] UN|Scharfrichter: // Who told you had a license to circumvent server rules?

I thought sanction-baiting and pre-emptively sanctioning people after a rule violation to cover up someone's offenses died out in 2013. Apparently not. I could bring up every single quote and infraction and general trolling that this particular player has ducted in my direction over the past year, and it would make a stack of BS tall enough to fertilize Iowa.

I did not report threaten. I did not swear at him. I called him out on something that I thought was dumb and was a rule violation (attacking a UN ship without RP, in a different system from the last engagement. As the engagement was not started the chase, and was against a completely different un-allied faction, the chase clause does not apply).

The reason why I didn't chase him down and give him PVP immediately afterwards was because I didn't want to encourage that kind of bad play. Notice, that the RM indie was directly assisting and CD'ing for the RHA on his behalf, so that was a massive Oorp issue in of itself.

I called him out and preferred that he learn from it rather than just send the report and demotivate him. The conduct recieved in response is ridiculous and hold entirely that this sanction is the result of a certain player with a behavioural pattern of trolling me just taking his drive-me-off-the-server agenda to the next logical step.

I will call him a moron every time he breaks the rules. Because it's moronic.

Edit: Don't endorse this kind of trolling by processing sanctions of this nature.
Did you report a rule violation?
(09-03-2017, 08:01 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]Did you report a rule violation?

No, because I hoped he'd be the better man and think about all of this.

Instead the same person who has called me all kinds of obscenities in the post gets me sanctioned for the word "moron".

J u s t i c e i n a c t i o n

He's a moron. No question. I am unrepentant. Bill me. All you've done is given him a sanction threat to masturbate over, which was what we was digging for the whole time. I'm not going to be "sorry" and give him what he wants.

Edit: I'm presently making a list of all of his known accounts so I know what to log off for, so this bs doesn't happen again. Great work, mate.

Edit edit: Just invis this thread or something, before I get more crap from his memesquad mates.
So you did not file a report but the admins are at fault for "pre-emptively sanctioning people after a rule violation to cover up someone's offenses".

Then you PM me about UN getting attacked without RP and then we sanctioned you. Even though you did not file a sanction.

You have a number of choices, talk to the person and try and sort it, ignore the person, report the person, keep on giving admins attitude because we are not clairvoyant, file a report against admins, with evidence that we are protecting some people by ""pre-emptively sanctioning" other people, or leave a game you apparently love with a faction that is making a good name for itself.
(09-03-2017, 08:37 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]So you did not file a report but the admins are at fault for "pre-emptively sanctioning people after a rule violation to cover up someone's offenses".

Then you PM me about UN getting attacked without RP and then we sanctioned you. Even though you did not file a sanction.

You have a number of choices, talk to the person and try and sort it, ignore the person, report the person, keep on giving admins attitude because we are not clairvoyant, file a report against admins, with evidence that we are protecting some people by ""pre-emptively sanctioning" other people, or leave a game you apparently love with a faction that is making a good name for itself.

Back up.

I never implied admin bias or favouritism. But the evidence kinda' speaks for himself and I'd be very surprised if you couldn't tell who was in what system where from the logs.

The problem here is that you've (albeit, unwittingly), enabled a troll who made a much more grievous infraction of the server rules than anything I did. I called somebody something in preschooler lexicon, he broke both ID and server rules. Let's not draw equivalence where there isn't any.

And now that you've enabled him, he'll do it again. And again, and again, because he knows he can misuse the system to get the outcome he wants, and it's going to turn into a crapfest of people looking for sanction reportable material and it's only going to generate more paperwork for you and more ill-will.

Just throw this sanction out. I don't care about getting the equipment back. Just delete all record of it. It's a bad precedent you don't want to set.

Edit: Notice, I'm only using the material he sent, because his own evidence showcases what he did.
"I never implied admin bias or favouritism. But the evidence kinda' speaks for himself "

Sorry that is rubbish on both counts,
Your implication is clear, "pre-emptively sanctioning people after a rule violation to cover up someone's offenses" when you did not post anything about rule violations yourself. That implies we are aware of things and covering up.

"But the evidence kinda' speaks for himself " Is a clear implication that favouratism and/or bias was being applied. You have supplied no evidence.

If I have misunderstood your words I apologise, however this looks like slinging mud at the mods and admins who commented upon this sanction, that is unwarranted, hence my comments.
I'm not slinging any mud at you. I like all of you personally, and, pragmatically, I -need- to have good working relations with you as both an SRP holder and somebody who is trying to get rep and tech changes done for the UN ID. I'm an OFL after all. I just think that the report function got used abusively and that a mistake was made in processing. I'm not somebody who poops on the green team and I'm near universally supportive of what you do. The only thing that can be construed as adversarial is that I occasionally nag over event and vote processing.

I haven't provided any evidence (I have some) because I don't think it's applicable to the situation. The logs providied by Person X show who shot who at what time, and I don't know what tools you have as Admins, but I'm pretty sure you can tell who was shot and what system they were in. I contacted the person because I know they're a vet and I didn't want to go through the whole process of sanctioning a vet with the obvious social ramifications that come from doing so. I need to keep my faction alive without the idea that we're hunting for mistakes. Now I wouldn't do this if I didn't know that the person involved is somebody with -years- on this server and the experience to know that engaging without RP is totally not okay.

I'll accept the gun and cash loss. I own my mistakes. However, that's guns and cash that was taken off a shared, others will use it, has trickle-down impact, and ultimately the troll wins the day. He'll come back and ultimately pull a repeat move.

The long-and-short of this guff is that the guy sent this sanction off because I asked him why he thought rule-breaking was okay. Huh.