Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Question to the Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi.

Prefacing this: I know I have a reputation for these kinds of whiny wishy-washy threads, bear with me though.

On to the Thread: I've noticed a trend recently. Admin and Moderators have been leaving at an alarming rate (I don't know about Devs, won't make any assumptions there, since I don't know) and all I've seen from the community is to pile more onto the admins. Now I know this may seem a bit hypocritical. I have, after all, criticized both Admins, Devs and Others in the past myself,
but I feel like it's become a more important issue quite recently.

In short, and this might sound silly but, it seems like this community has, in large groups, stopped caring about the game. Or at least stopped taking the role play and the community seriously, which I think is a big problem.

The things that make me say this are quite readily apparent: The Admin hate that's just spouted at nauseum, the 'memege' that just keeps getting thrown about in regards to PvP, Development, RP....everything really.

Seriously. How can you expect the Admin team to do anything when any decision is met with community backlash and complaint.
How do you expect the admin team to grow and expand, if all they receive is petty bs on what looks like a 24/7 basis.

Discovery, to the Administration team, is a job they pay to perform. A service to a community that seems hell bent on driving them away.

Being an Admin in Discovery isn't a simple job, and it cannot be freely handed over to the community. I've done a lot of research into this recently, and asked a lot of questions. In Short, having admin privilige is an 'All or Nothing' deal, hence each admin needs to be CAREFULLY vetted by the existing team to prevent abuse or damage to the server and community, something I initially didn't realize.

These administrators are people just like anyone else trying to hold together a community that seems divided against itself.

I actually have a few questions to ask: Do you want to play Discovery Freelancer? Do you care about the Community? Is a petty slight worth it to you to risk destroying this entire thing?

Because frankly, that's how I see it going. More and More is piled on, until the entire system, from Devs to Admins simply collapses, and someone gets pissed enough to pull the plug.

If you care about this community, I sincerely beg you, consider your actions. 'Thick Skin' and all that is fine and good in theory,
but the act of being abbrasive itself is what's damaging us. So please, consider what you're doing to the community around you with all of this.

And most importantly, appreciate the individuals that actually keep this going. The Developers for putting countless hours into programming, writing and modelling, the administrators for trying to police and keep this alive, and the mods for trying to make everyone's life easier.

Thank You.

TL;DR Edit: Think about your actions and how they affect the community around you. It's just as much the community's duty as it is the admins to keep this ship flying.
Why did you make exactly the same thread, but longer?

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=151979

It's explained.
It needed re-stating, and the other thread devolved into a blame game.
You asked why people blame admins, you have got your answers. If you don't like them, that's the other thing, people don't have to agree with you.
I'm not asking why people blame admins, that's not the point of this thread.
Well, sorry, you asking them not to blame the admins. And then people are explaining why you are wrong.

My bad.
(09-04-2017, 03:58 PM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]Well, sorry, you asking them not to blame the admins. And then people are explaining why you are wrong.

My bad.

All right, then let me turn the question around on you. What exactly does blaming, 'meming' and otherwise harassing and mocking the Admin team accomplish?

All it does it cause further outrage and pain.

If you are enraged about something, what do you personally gain by spreading that to another individual? All it does it cause more heartache.
(09-04-2017, 04:00 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]All right, then let me turn the question around on you. What exactly does blaming, 'meming' and otherwise harassing and mocking the Admin team accomplish?

Is there any, though?
I think anyone that's been here for at least a week, especially those active on Skype, Discord and Teamspeak are aware of this.
(09-04-2017, 04:00 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2017, 03:58 PM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]Well, sorry, you asking them not to blame the admins. And then people are explaining why you are wrong.

My bad.

All right, then let me turn the question around on you. What exactly does blaming, 'meming' and otherwise harassing and mocking the Admin team accomplish?

Makes you feel satisfied for making an internet person feel bad, and hopefully makes the person you want to quit the admin/mod/dev team quit the admin/dev/mod team. To put it bluntly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4