Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: On the subject of the ingame swearfilter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has been brought to my attention, that for some reason, someone saw fit to add one of the key elements of my vocabulary to the list of forbidden words.

Here's my stance on the subject:

That is all.
Creativity is a part of roleplaying.
Too be fair, a conversation I had today with someone in rp revolved around calling each other genitalia faces got really creative with out being grotesque. I enjoy the challenge of keeping it PG, even if people don't get what I am saying.
Seriously? Someone put maggots on the swear filter?
"Can the 40+ year old mom who has a 10- year old child playing this game and now wants to change the whole thing to PG contact me on skype "

This was the funniest thing I have read on the forums this week....
Maggots is not on the swear filter
It's not on the filter, but it was brought to my attention that it could have been seen as trying to go around putting 'f' instead of that 'm' there, making it a word that would be on the filter, which I didn't even realise...
But then again I wonder what makes people need to desperately have to use certain words. Some are complaining the swear filter limits their creativity. What creativity is that? Ghetto slang creativity? So far I've seen only one impressive use of the word [one word to describe the female genitalia, starting with t, but not trumpet], by a character nobody would have expected to say it.
Pages: 1 2 3