Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it me, or do NPCs hardly drop anything no?

I remember when you used to drop guns and credit cards, but I haven't seen that for ages.
I remember when NPC Bunter Mantas dropped 10k Credit cards and high-level OCs dropped Cardamine.

Actually, scratch that, I remember when Battleships had Prisoners.

Now only Gunboats drop cards, and you're more likely to get gun pickups from running missions.
Regular spawn NPCs won't drop equipment because they have the old, useless "class 0 guns" that are useless to players unless you're a weirdo like me that loves to collect them. Cargo drops were nerfed due to them being abused by Zoner IDed players farming Zoner transports, then docking on a Zoner base to have the rephack reset them to friendly.
Quote: Cargo drops were nerfed due to them being abused by Zoner IDed players farming Zoner transports, then docking on a Zoner base to have the rephack reset them to friendly.

What can you say?
(09-07-2017, 12:00 AM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Regular spawn NPCs won't drop equipment because they have the old, useless "class 0 guns" that are useless to players unless you're a weirdo like me that loves to collect them. Cargo drops were nerfed due to them being abused by Zoner IDed players farming Zoner transports, then docking on a Zoner base to have the rephack reset them to friendly.

Sort of. AFAIK if you want anything to drop equipment or commodities you have to specify it in a file called lootprops. It was only updated for Disco commodities though which means nearly all of the guns listed in it are from vanilla and many of them aren't used in NPC loadouts now. None of the Gallic guns are listed there either, for another example.
I once investigated the lootprops to see if I could acquire class 0 guns from NPCs. It was a fun experience.
You'll only get equipment drops from mission NPCs. The only things you're going to really get anyway is ammo, shields, thrusters and class 0 weapons, but only the most common ones (think Drails, Scorpions etc.)
Can we please get the NPC loot improved? I liked the idea of NPC piracy
I've been doing a bit of npc cargo piracy recently and its not too bad returns. An average haul is worth a few million, the best 8-10 million, but thats pretty rare. It's mostly patience and luck until a good transport comes along, which depends a lot on your location, both in that it affects what ships spawn with what cargo, and what nearby sell points you've got. Also, less oxygen/water transports would be great, as thats just more cluttter to deal with, and isn't worth selling at all.
(09-06-2017, 11:52 PM)maddog_dave Wrote: [ -> ]Is it me, or do NPCs hardly drop anything no?

I remember when you used to drop guns and credit cards, but I haven't seen that for ages.

NPC piracy drops have been continually nerfed since 2013.
Pages: 1 2