Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: V-3X | Private Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Data Upload - File 12.06.825A.S. - Entry 22: Big Updates and the Expedition

Been almost half a year since my last update.. well, five months, give or take a few days, and things have gotten fairly intense.

First order of business: I've cut Kalh off. The lunatic's off his nut, and I'm finished trying to deal with whatever nonsense he brings to the table. Nuking civilians is not the M.O.. Nuking civvie stations isn't saving humanity. It's helping 'lanski and the Nomads by creating more panic and distractions from the real problems.
So high in his little castle he can't see the forest for the trees.

Anyway, I finally got the VI to recognize a set of valid Freelance IFF codes. Transponder's not broken anymore, so that means I can roam around and people won't fire one the Montu outright anymore...
Well, they still do, but I like the security it brings.

I'm moving out from Bering towards the Independent worlds. Mainly Inverness and Coronado. From what I hear the war's tensing up and I'm hoping to see some sort of notion if the Nomads are behind all this. Wouldn't surprise me, but again, it's a possibility.
I've parked the Montu on Alcatraz for now. These Rogues are either impressed or intimidated by the ship, and I'll take it. Honestly, it's a compliment to what I'm doing out here.

Kalh's gonna steadily lose his mind, and I'm gonna keep trucking on. Just goes to show what coming out here unprepared does to a man. Luckily, I'm smarter than him.

Shame about his XO, though. She's gotta have one hell of a time on that boat.
Maybe I'll spare her if she doesn't jump in front of the bullet.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 1.21.826A.S. - Entry 23: Questions and More Questions

Right, so.. been about a month since I've logged anything.. Apparently things may be getting more interesting in Inverness in the near future.

First off, Kalh.
I have no idea what in the hell's gotten through his head, but I'm almost certain he's lost his everloving mind. The first time in over 5 months I see the guy, or his ship rather (not entirely certain if this even is Kalh we're talking about here), and the first thing that pops out of his ship is this:

"I am Redemption, Your identification markers are something I remember from a past life. Though I am born a new."

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. If this is Kalh, then I'm absolutely certain he's insane. This guy was always off his nut, but seriously.. 'Redemption'.. what kind of class-A edge do you have to have to be 'reborn' like that. This was, mind you, in the presence of the Curator and Sentinel of Auxesia, and that Skirka guy from the SIS. If this goes where I think it might, I may have to actually kill him. This is the kind of crap those 'Church' idiots try to feed everyone, the typical hallucinogenic nonsense that only conspiracy theorists bring up.

Anyway.. enough about him.. next up to what'll happen.

Aux and the SIS guy had some talks, no big deal, except when they brought up the Order. Apparently they've taken to fancying the far western Omegas and Bretonia as a whole. I can't allow that.
Once all this malarchy in Inverness is finished, I'm heading out there, unless, of course, Kalh decides to try and induct me into whatever hip pop culture mindset he's found him self in.

I'm sure the punch is nice..

-Vex

Data Upload - File 6.7.826A.S. - Entry 24:

Again, been a while since I've done one of these. I need to figure out if this is going to be a regular thing I forget about or if I'm going to try and keep a regularly updated journal.
Anyway...

I popped into Inverness for a short while on my way out east. Came across Kalh's old ship, which I'm assuming he's changed his name again from 'Redemption' judging by the little 'A' I see on the comm marker, and a few Auxesians taking on some infestees. Nice to see them keeping up the fight, but if they can get out of that place, then it's still unsecured, and a threat.
I noticed the Atum wasn't there anymore, which struck me a little. Maybe they've finally given up and moved it back to the Edge. Maybe they decided to give it to Auxesia, or to move it elsewhere. Don't much care, but it's gone, so there's that.

I took the trip back out towards Bering (apparently Auxesia had a nice shootout with some idiots out here) and set up shop at the Freeport. I likely won't stay here long, but some scans of the damage Auxesia did to that Unioner base got me thinking.
I know they have other motives, and I know the Unioners are.. basically garbage, but I can't help but think there might be some level of thought beyond this.

We'll have to see. I'm going to charge the cloak drive and press on through Rheinland towards the Omegas. This rumor of Order business in the south is concerning, especially if it's compromising a house's military more than those jaunty frenchmen are.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 1.13.827A.S. - Entry 25: AA 238

After action. Stupid situation, but it couldn't be helped.

Caught a rogue Order wing from some cell I didn't recognize. They closed and inquired. We didn't respond, so they kept pushing. Eventually, I just gave the order to open up. They were Order ships, not like it mattered. Puppets of 'lanski and all that.

These guys were different. Decent. Enough to evade as much point defense to strike critical systems. Hot jocks from Taba, no doubt. Struck the aft cooling reactor. Ship's been going into a deep freeze for a while now. I can't even feel my toes, it's so damn cold. Barrier doesn't help, why would it.

I've tried sending out a call to the Keepers, or Kalh, Nothing. Thinking the transceiver's been hit as well. Damn ship is hurt bad and I can't help her.
Makes me feel like shit.

Engines are still up, though, so I'm going to push for the upper rim. The Indie worlds are through with us. I'm through with them. We need to find a port before the reactor goes. We'll have a while, I know that much. Just not sure how long 'a while' is..

Love you, dad.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 12.19.827A.S. - Interjection: Reactivation

Systems online - Vexillarius Protocol: Activated

Analysis: Systems damaged, macrocommunications below acceptable levels. Hull integrity compromised, crew status non-functional.
Onboard VI systems engaged - Enyo subconscious active.

Statement:
ENYO - The crew has been disabled. Operational protocols to integrate mental patterns into database largely successful. Beginning boot-up sequence...
VEX - Online. What's this?
ENYO - Crew life signs are nil. Personalities assimilated. Vexillarius Protocol was activated.
VEX - Okay.. so, what's this then?
ENYO - Pinpoint replication of service vessel Montu was created for organic manipulation.
VEX - So it's a simulation?
ENYO - Not untrue. It is a recreation of the ship. At current, you are still commander of this vessel, but with no physical form it was protocol to create a platform to allow command to continue unabated.
VEX - So I'm dead?
ENYO - Your physical form is non-functional. Your mental form persists within this vessel's database.
VEX - Lovely..
ENYO - Your log is open for your use, ma'am. It has not received an update in [11 Months, 6 Days, 10 Hours, 27 Minutes].
-- enyo departure --

VEX - Fantastic..
-- vex departure --

Data Upload - File 12.19.827A.S. - Entry 26: Onwards

I guess this is how things are for now. I didn't expect the Order ambush to be fatal, but I guess that's the price of defying the most powerful man in Sirius.
Enyo wasn't kidding, either. It's strange in here, though I'm mostly within the designed environment she set up for me and the rest of the crew. At least everyone else is in here.

First priority is going to be reestablishing contact with the people from back when. Hopefully things haven't gone too far downhill since we fell off the grid.

At least it's not cold anymore.. I hate the cold..

-Vex

Data Upload - File 12.24.827A.S. - Entry 27: Inverness

There's a level of clarity that comes with being dead that I can't quite put to words. At least, 'dead' in the way that I am now. I don't know if it's actually death, but it feels like it, but also not like it. It's weird, but these are weird times.

Anyway, we arrived in Inverness for the first time in almost a year not long ago. There was quite a shift in the layout of the planets and stations, but I guess that happens with time. What was strange was seeing Freeport 14 dragged out here. Last I'd heard it was off in the deep north of Liberty bracing for a dark matter storm that never seemed to want to come. Maybe it finally did. If so, then it's probably something worth investigating. Radiation can't really pierce the Montu's shields, or her hull for that matter, so we'll look into it when we get the opportunity.

Auxesia also seems to still be going strong. Good for them. Anyone who refuses to believe 'lanski's bull is good in my book. The Wraith seems to still be in service too, so that means Revenant is likely to be as well. Or Leviathan. Can't remember who to call who over there. One bad mark on an otherwise flawless rep sheet.

We'll be making our way into the deeper core later in the week. It's the holidays, so most of the enforcement will be at home celebrating. At least, that's my hope.
Maybe we'll get lucky. Maybe the Order will come to me for a change.

That'd be swell.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 3.17.828A.S. - Entry 28: Inverness.2

Made our way back to Inverness and back to the Freeport. I don't trust Junkers much, so Zoners had to do. They made decent fixes at least. Ironically, more reliable than people who work with scrap all day. Perks of having lived up in Alberta all their lives, I guess.

Not far from the Freeport, we encountered one of them. Got a few hits, but we seemed to knock it back enough to force it away. Just when we were getting started, too.

Not much else. Enyo had a talk with a Rogue outside the Freeport. Still evolving her speech recognition banks, but held her own.
Will scan the nearby systems for activity. Maybe we'll find that squid.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 11.22.828A.S. - Entry 29: Kepler - 'Unto Nightfall'

An interesting discovery today.

We'd heard a few days ago about an attack by Nomads on Port Said. 'lanski would throw a fit, but dad would kill me if we didn't. I wanted to check it out, but on the way we encountered a few Order ships in Kepler, including a recon cruiser. Enyo took care of the outer communications and even got information back from the Order operative aboard. May have sent too much information his way, but who doesn't love an uphill climb.

Got a good look at the ship itself. Standard Resheph, nothing too crazy about it.

We'll see where it goes. I'm not hopeful, but maybe it'll be an excuse to get back to work.

-Vex

Data Upload - File 11.26.828A.S. - Entry 30: New York - 'Akhetaten'/Nomad Incursion

Concerning.

Liberty was crawling with the usual Outcast slaves the other day. Nothing strange there, and nothing that concerns me. They can get high on gas all they want.

What does irk me is this.
'lanski must be selling these things like crazy or something. They keep cropping up everywhere. The LSF have one, those Hellfire guys have two. There were rumors back that Bretonia had summoned one from some wormhole or something. It's just crazy, really. Why would they want Osirises when they could sell Sirius more Ge-.. nevermind.

New York was fun, watching all those morons punch each other gave me a good giggle.
Nomads came to ruin the fun, and we actually got to do our job for once. Felt liberating. That bucket-list ship didn't even seem to mind us taking out one of the warforms. Other one got away, but they get antsy when you kill one of them, so I don't blame it. Survival instinct.

Didn't even bother us as we made way for the field again.
Am I being too judgemental?

-Vex

Pages: 1 2 3 4