Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Custom Engines on Liners?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if I'm missing something but it seems that, at least as far as the Passenger Liner is concerned, there's not an engine module to swap out and change. I don't know if it's just something with the specific ship or liner-class ships as a whole, but I'd certainly love to be able to change the effect on it.

If I'm being an idiot and missing something, please put me out of my misery and correct my ignorance. If it's not in the mod, could it be in the future?
if liners have the same cruise speed/impulse as transports then sure, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get their own toys, but right now you can't change it believe. Only the yacht can be swapped out.
(09-12-2017, 11:22 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]if liners have the same cruise speed/impulse as transports then sure, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get their own toys, but right now you can't change it believe. Only the yacht can be swapped out.

Ah right, I hadn't realised that there were major differences between liners and transports. I just did a few short tests of a transport, a miner and a liner and the cruise speed is the same: 350. Funnily enough though all three had different impulse characteristics:

Hegemon: 100 forward, 20 back (customisable engine)
Retrofit Transport: 90 forward, 17 back (customisable engine)
Colossus: 90 forward, 17 back (customisable engine) ADDED
Passenger Liner: 80 forward, 15 back (non-customisable)
Renzu Liner: 80 forward, 26 back (non-customisable) ADDED

I was actually surprised that between the first two with engines that I assumed would have the same stats since they both use customisable transport engines, but they still performed differently. Would it be that much of a stretch to include liners in that if there's already some leeway that's apparently already built in?

EDIT: Added Colossus and Renzu Liner to the list
can you check other liners? (do it in sp)

not sure if retrofit is supposed to be a medium or something, also compare to heavy transports too

i'd do it but i'd about to disappear for the weekdays again, occupied, etc
Same here, I need to disappear soon. I just tested out the Colossus 5k and the Renzu Liner and added them to the post above. The Colossus performed identically to the Retrofit Transport, and the Renzu was a little faster in reverse, but the differences are still minimal.

I think the main thing that this points to is that even between ships with broadly identical mountable engines there are differences, and including liners within that bracket doesn't seem that problematic to the uninitiated.