Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Right 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Admins Wrote:Faction Right 7. Official player factions have the right for the purpose of training to utilize a maximum of four (4) ships that are not normally allowed by their ID (These would normally be their adverseries' ships). This is subject to the following constraints:
- This can only apply to factions with guard systems.
- Names of the ships must be clearly different to emphasize their role as training ships.
- They cannot be used for any purpose except training and must not leave their guard system.
- Restricted to Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports and Gunboats.
While not strictly necessary, the faction could host an event of some sort, with the capture or defection of the pilot and his ship being the central theme.

With the removal of guard systems, this right has become outdated. What are your thoughts?
I can't name a single faction aside from the SCRA and the LN that actually made use of this right.

Remove it.
We'll use it

~Major Michael Thornton, Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army
I think you'll find that Nomad Vagrants (nothing to do with me) have expressed a wish to excercise this right.
I don't think they do, they always use nomad ships. Besides, this rule is kinda pointless, conn exists and guard systems are gone, and now conn is freely accessible with a single command unlike before. You can just get a friend to relog something else.
(09-13-2017, 06:15 AM)maddog_dave Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll find that Nomad Vagrants (nothing to do with me) have expressed a wish to excercise this right.

I'm pretty sure I didn't excercise this right. Doesn't mean I necessarily find it useless if the Coalition used it, but still.
Official factions are outdated as the concept. Not to mention, even this system is not working last year and the half due to complete absence of activity checks of any kind.
(09-13-2017, 07:09 AM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]Official factions are outdated as the concept. Not to mention, even this system is not working last year and the half due to complete absence of activity checks of any kind.

What you want to say is that the staff is not upholding the rules regarding the official factions. As cruel as it sound, some factions should lose the status based on complete inactivity in game and on forums. Although this isn't a thread to discuss it.
I use it, and used it, before the cap perk came in. It's a really good rule for some, useless for others.
(09-13-2017, 07:15 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 07:09 AM)Sici Wrote: [ -> ]Official factions are outdated as the concept. Not to mention, even this system is not working last year and the half due to complete absence of activity checks of any kind.

What you want to say is that the staff is not upholding the rules regarding the official factions. As cruel as it sound, some factions should lose the status based on complete inactivity in game and on forums. Although this isn't a thread to discuss it.

Well, that's obvious, but I would dig a bit more deep. Actual role and point of existing of the official factions is unclear. OFL is usually having extremely low impact on story development for example or pretty much anything else. It does work when you have some friends in the right places, of crouse. Only useful rule is number 5, but then again, it's an admin vote. And surely there's usually a lot of fishy stuff tied to it. So aside of the ego growing, only useful thing in being official is to have your own subforum. This thing helps to get more newbie recruits. In addiiton, lore of some NPC factions is sort of excluding existance of the player offiical faction over them.
Pages: 1 2