Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Junker Marauders || From: Battlegroup Harmony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: uhdZR8O.png]

ID: Lieutenant Lena Smith
Recipient: Junker Marauders
Subject: Recovery Operation

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

To whom it may concern,
A situation requiring urgent attention has come to light, and while we have been able to make some headway on the situation, we require the expertise of the Junkers to make our goal a possibility. The SNS-Discovery was lost to heavy damage almost a year ago, and a recent operation has lead to us finding its remains. As such, the ability to field a second battleship of our own would greatly improve our ability to resist the efforts by Liberty to destroy us, and give us the edge we need to maintain a rolling battle.

Can we count on you to help us repair and refit the ship? Should you be able to, I will reveal the survey and maps of the remains location, so that we may begin at once.

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends
[img float=left]http://discoverygc.com/forums/uploads/avatars/avatar_28978.png?dateline=1393199547[/img]
Transmission feed OPEN
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
► Sender ID: Deputy Marauder Cash Ivankov
► Location: Beaumont, Texas
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
► Destination ID: Battlegroup Harmony
► Encryption: HIGH
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
► SUBJECT: Potential Salvage

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Good day, Lieutenant Smith. Thankfully I believe it to be quite possible to help you with your trouble here. After asking around I believe that both Invergordon Spaceport and Vieques shipyard are of sufficient size to work on the restoration of such a vessel. With that in mind though, i'm sure you understand that especially after having a heavily damaged ship drifting for over a year the repair efforts will likely be quite time consuming and costly.

Assuming you understand that and wish to proceed, I will need to know at least the system the ship was lost in in order to give you a confirmation on our ability to actually conduct effective repairs. There are just certain places even we wont go.

Transmission feed CLOSED
Incoming Transmission

Recipient: Junker Marauders, Cash Ivankov

Loading Message

Mr. Ivankov,
I'm almost as pleased with the speed of your reply as I am with the contents of it. I had mentioned that we had made some headway ourselves, and now that I know you are interested I can show you exactly what that headway was.

I took the opportunity to begin tracking the ships remains down, helped with the knowledge of where it began its jump and where it should of exited. I've uploaded a survey chart that displays, roughly, the area of the debris field. From my own scans, there are at least two larger pieces, and a number of smaller ones. I trust that Puerto Rico is not too far out of the way for your people?

[Image: vcgHsOX.png]

Transmission Ends
[Image: 2R7nlYH.png]

ID: Jericho Rodriguez, The Junker Marauders
Encyption: Completely Stoned
Subject: Salvage Operation

Hola there! Bones will now be taking over this operation from my amigo Ivankov. The fact it got stuck in Puerto Rico surprises me, not because of the location though. Its odd that the local Junkers haven't found and salvaged the remains by now. You got pretty lucky on this one amigos!

Vieques is not too far away from the debris according to the map you've provided, so it wont take a lot of effort as far as transportation goes. We can organize a salvage operation at any time of your liking. Once the parts have been moved we can begin to precisely assess the damage, after which you will be provided with a list of required supplies for the warships renovation.

Saludos,
Jericho Rodriguez, your friendly Marauder

[Image: 7oKneWo.png]
Incoming Transmission

Recipient: Junker Marauders, Jericho Rodriguez

Loading Message

"Bones",
The wreckage and consequent debris is fairly recent, and all I can offer for reason on why it was not recovered by local Junker operations is the heavy radiation that permeates the area as a deterrent. That said, we have been anticipating this retrival operation for quite some time, and our own ships stand ready to provide logistical or combat support for the movement of the parts to Vieques.

A project of this size is hard to plan for, and I can only assume there will be expenses incured by both sides during the coming affairs. Forgive my bluntness, but is there an estimation of what the Marauders would require in exchange for their expertise on this?

Transmission Ends

Subject: Expertizz

I wouldn't feel well overcharging damage analysis Lena-sweet. We enjoy tinkering around stuff that we usually cant come close to, so for me at least it feels like I should be paying you for letting me play with a battleship non the less! The only few costs for retrieving it that I'll dump on you is light fuel expenses and some compensation for whatever damage the radiation you've mentioned does to our ships.

Afterwards, just a bit of pocket change added on top of that so I can make the crew and workers feel satisfied. That should add up to around, maybe three million credits if not less. Not grossly overpriced I hope. Payment after the work has been completed.

Your logistical support will be required at later stages, once we start the repair process, as I assume such a large vessel will need a hella' lot of materials to be imported. Being in Puerto Rico, we've got all the help we need and a bit more for moving it. But if you feel safer watching over the operation, a sturdy freighter or two which can handle radiation wouldn't be a waste. I hope my answer was satisfactory!

Saludos,

Incoming Transmission

Recipient: Junker Marauders, Jericho Rodriguez

Loading Message

"Bones",
That's more than fair. Here's to a successful operation. Keep me updated on the progress, one or two of our ships will be along to assist in what ways they can.

Transmission Ends
Incoming Transmission
Transmission Ends

Subject: Apologies / Phase 1 Completion

I must apologize for not coming back at you for such an extended period of time sweetie. Got caught up with some mildly dangerous and pretty illegal work on the side. It was unexpected even for me, and my communication with the outside world was cut off for a while. Thankfully though, I am on my way back to Texas as we speak and thought I'd contact you first with an update on the salvage operation.

While I was away the Trainwreck crew was able to keep it together during the absence, keeping the workflow even though the boss wasn't around. They reported the following as soon as my deputy man got in contact.

Examining the remains at first, they were able to determine that the largest two pieces were in good enough shape to be temporarily put back together, so while that project was put into action our salvagers collected all the remaining important debris. After being re-attached for the time being, they put a series of modified thrusters on the back end of the warship as they were unable to find a way to jumpstart the current reactor for the engines. Using one of our Wreckers, ironically enough given the name, it was towed over to Vieques, and is occupying one of its docks for now.

I wont charge you anything as far as clearing stage one goes, take it as an official apology for having to wait this long. I am confident that my crew already has the damage reports, so as soon as I meet up with my boys on Vieques you'll have your list of materials and and other important data Lena-sweet, just give it a few hours.

Saludos,

Incoming Transmission
[Image: YW2s5r1.jpg]

ID: Commander Jade Linford
Recipient: Junkers Marauders

Loading Message

Greetings,

It's good to hear that you have already begun. I do feel the need to stress the importance of completing this task as quickly as possible. My deepest apologies for not reaching you sooner than now, but my hands have been tied elsewhere. As soon as you have a list of supplies and a destination, we will begin sending you the materials needed to get the Discovery back in action. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Commander Jade Linford

Transmission Ends
Pages: 1 2 3