Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GIVE IT BACK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been hunting some shipies on the wiki, and it came to my attention that there are some special shipies that cannot be bought due to the fact they were banished along with their respected ID's. Well I spoke with the guy, who knows a guy that heard it from another guy that there was an initiative some time ago where we were presented with the idea of getting the Phantom menace back! And it stayed in the 2014 the same year the topic was started. Not much progress I guess. Well it is time for a bumpy bump so I urge the mods, devs, admins, players (okay yes, I will even include Thunderer in this bunch) and God himself to wreck upon Sirius a Phantom menace once again. Please respond as soon as you can. Adios!
The ships were imports and furthermore the players who created the Phooms want them to stay dead.

And so do I, as the whole concept of the Phooms simply would not fly today.

Edit: READ
(09-13-2017, 09:52 AM)Triple Hazard Pay Inc. Wrote: [ -> ]The ships were imports and furthermore the players who created the Phooms want them to stay dead.

Funny how back in 2014, people apparently had qualms about terrorist ID with siriuswide ZoI and today, you have three factions with these, with little to no oversight. Wonder what happened to that mentality.
Uh...what about...

NO.
Dusty Lens Wrote:Posts: 6,624
Threads: 437

This idea is so terrible that Virus contacted -me- about it instead of the other way around.

It's clear that you guys don't really "get" the Phantoms or the concepts of the older generation. The idea of a force of nature that interjects into your peaceful afternoon to stir the pot is, judging by the wall of green in the OP, a foreign concept in an age of submitting forum requests to pull the trigger.

The Phantoms are from the old days. Leave the name and legacy alone. This is the equivalent of resurrecting Mon'Star in the form of a grumpy old man in a Liberty 5k.

Leave it alone. Build something new. God help you if we actually wake up Kane and you have to insta ban one of the people who built this place out of nothing because he doesn't hold back in letting you know what value he places on this half baked nonsense.

Virus Wrote:Someone tell me this is a joke.

Both Kane, who founded the Phantoms, and I, who ran them the majority of their existence, do not ever want to see the Phantoms exist ever again. Most everyone who was a part of the Phantoms agrees.

Don't do this.
Fellow Hoodlum Wrote:Dusty Lens Wrote:
Are you still alive or are you posting this from beyond the grave!?

The grave ain't so deep that this travesty couldn't make it pass the headstone ...
Hmm... No.
(09-13-2017, 09:52 AM)Triple Hazard Pay Inc. Wrote: [ -> ]The ships were imports and furthermore the players who created the Phooms want them to stay dead.

They are not to decide whether to destroy that faction or not. We like the idea, there are some that just doesnt buy it. But as Sindroms wrote it is not for them to decide that we cannot play it if we want to. They contributed in many ways, but we want to expand that legacy. We perhaps wont be worthy of that task, and maybe we will make a serious bum in Sirius. I'm just saying I want to be given a chance to prove that it can be RP-ed properly even after all these years.
(09-13-2017, 09:57 AM)Zyliath Wrote: [ -> ]Uh...what about...

NO.

And thanks for your opinion, although it would be nice if you elaborated that huge sentence of yours.
Fellow Hoodlum Wrote:02-02-2014, 08:21 AM,
Bodacious Cowboy
Threads: 1,038

(02-02-2014, 08:15 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote:
you know, legacy remains regardless of what they do with it, also, what they implied is to convert that faction to something else, so just have an open mind.

Start from scratch and rename it then ...
As Zelot pointed out, one or two players, me included, still have the odd Phantom character kicking around in different guises.

This is the man I pretty much grew up reading the Sanction Notices he wrote.
In short: leave the Phooms buried where they are. They cannot exist anymore in today's Discovery Mod.
Even Virus (the leader of the Phooms) wouldn't want to see them around again. So don't even try to use necromancy to revive them.

Your thread is a clear gravedig attempt. And you should know already that..
GRAVEDIG IS A BAD THING TO DO.

So stop. The community thanks.
The Phantoms will not be returning.
Pages: 1 2