Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Nammu: what exactly is this ship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heavy gunboat, has a forward gun, only uses Nom cruiser turrets for some reason, can fire four of them at most.
How and when should I use it?
Never. Wait for the new model to be implement it.

The current Nammu is only good against battleships. It can't insta-kill snubs as it doesn't have razors, it is huge and while it was cruiser guns, the arcs aren't very well. It's a tanky support gunboat in snub fights, but the lack of missiles and razors makes it more of a joke.
What I hope is they won't actually replace the models, but add new ones instead. Like Nammu model, Marduk model and so on are vanila. Cutting vanila stuff is nono, even if they're crap at PvP. New models might be some advanced forms of jellies, but I'd still want to see the old ones in game, because memories and my eternal love for those.
The fighters have already been cut.
Why should replacing vanilla stuff not be done?
Then it probably needs a rebalance.
Because if it's just a bomber that ate too many burgers to engage anything but battleships confidently, its fate is rather woeful
Quote:The fighters have already been cut.

Isn't the Morph still in game? Or I missed something? I know about Assassin, but I always thought that this one wasn't vanila model. Am I wrong?

Quote:Why should replacing vanilla stuff not be done?

v

Quote:Then it probably needs a rebalance.
Because if it's just a bomber that ate too many burgers to engage anything but battleships confidently, its fate is rather woeful

Wait some year or two. We'll get a new model with most likely new purpose and balance options. Once it's finally hardpointed or whatever... Rebalancing might be tricky. Downscalling might work, but it would most likely turn to something overpowered. Read small and capable of using cruiser turrets. But well, I'm not a dev, but the model looks to be difficult to balance.
(09-13-2017, 04:35 PM)HanCloudstone Wrote: [ -> ]How and when should I use it?

(09-13-2017, 04:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Never. Wait for the new model to be implement it.

The current Nammu is only good against battleships. It can't insta-kill snubs as it doesn't have razors, it is huge and while it was cruiser guns, the arcs aren't very well. It's a tanky support gunboat in snub fights, but the lack of missiles and razors makes it more of a joke.

Sombra hit the nail on the head with this one. The Nammu is big and unwieldy. It has underwheming weaponry and is a nuiscance to Nomad players rather than to enemy players. The problem is really that the Nomads don't have generic cap equipment that humans have, like solaris, pulses, razors, etc.. It is a bit better with snubs, where you can at least choose between 2.00, 4.00, 6.33, and a 2.00 pulse weapon, but the bomber can only mount the Nomad Bomber Lasers and snac/nova (although the Nomad Bomber Lasers are really good). All in all, the problem you will have as Nomad player is that you can't customize your loadouts to certain situations and are therefore better served simply bomberswarming caps until they die. That, or you are K'Hara and solve everything by dropping a cloaking Marduk on it.
Waaay back in the day, when I had a rebalance made up for all of the Nomad caps, it was to turn into a cruiser, with a new gunboat made by Yuri. The Irra was to become a Battlecruiser, a light BS was to be introduced, and the Marduk was to remain the same.

Never actually got around to happening, even though all of the work was done.
(09-13-2017, 04:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Never. Wait for the new model to be implement it.

[Image: 6c9.jpg]

as if it gonna be implemented soon™

not to mention the other tier 2 nomad ships

except rabisu
(09-13-2017, 05:47 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]Waaay back in the day, when I had a rebalance made up for all of the Nomad caps, it was to turn into a cruiser, with a new gunboat made by Yuri. The Irra was to become a Battlecruiser, a light BS was to be introduced, and the Marduk was to remain the same.

Never actually got around to happening, even though all of the work was done.

I must admit that I like the idea.
Pages: 1 2