Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Returning to Disco but can´t start my ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya,
I wasn´t that active over the last two years but I was able to keep my ships, [TAZ]Ariadne, and [TAZ]Deadcat.
But now I can´t start anymore cause of my scanners. I use BSscanners, and I did so since years, but now it seems I am not anymore allowed to mount them on a fighter and a transport. That is sad, cause they weren´t cheap, and also I see no equivalent for them. But as an explorer and wide range traveller these items were very important.

How can I solve this problem?
Get proper scanners.
BS Scanner has again been restricted to Battlecruisers and Battleships.
You may wanna look at this thread https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...S+SCANNERS
And as far as your concern for credits used to buy these you may turn to devs or admins in PM and see if you could solve it with them. I hope I was of some assistance.
I am not really amused to loose 500 mill if I am not able to spend so much time to grind again. And also I don`t know any good scanner compared to the BSscanner.

So my questions stands: What are the possibilities for me now exept from returning to an advanced scanner?
The Corvo Zoner Cruiser has been converted into a Civilian, Sirius-wide available exploration craft. You may or may not need permission to fly this craft into House Space - I would check inRP laws for each house. Basically, it's now a unique-class craft with a cruiser shield, no CD, a single GB turret slot, with the remaining slots being transport turrets (Unless that has changed, I haven't played in a while). According to this, the Corvo can use the Battleship Scanner at 90% efficiency!

Alternatively, you may choose to sell your Battleship Scanners on the open market, rather than just sell them to the npc equipment dealers.

Finally, most gunboats can use the BS Scanner at 75% efficiency, if you're less worried about PvP and want the maximum possible detection and cargo scan range.
Well none actually If I am not mistaken. Its simply the way this community works now. At least try to get some BS or BCruiser and then get those scanners on them.
Corvo and Bustard cannot carry BS Scanners either.
(09-14-2017, 09:24 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Corvo and Bustard cannot carry BS Scanners either.

Oh...

Welp. Sorry about the mis-information, then!

On the bright side, according to the ship tech chart, most transports seem to be able to mount the BS Scanner at 75% efficiency, as well.

Maybe the ship tech chart should be updated to list the Corvo as red instead of green, then?
Thank you all for your thoughts!

(09-14-2017, 09:19 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you may choose to sell your Battleship Scanners on the open market, rather than just sell them to the npc equipment dealers.

This... Thanks a lot!

And well, if a Corso can´t mount a BS scanner, I may sell them. As a TAZzie, I think, a Corvo would fit indeed but a BS is something I never thought about to fly. I like cosy ships, if you know, what I mean.