Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A sad notice about Rodent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I couldn't find any threads. Please merge if there was one.

Rodent, one of our members and a good friend, has passed away in August due to a sickness he contracted. He was only 23.

Rod was one of Order| leaders before he had to leave and was here for a long time.

May his young and talented soul rest in peace.
I remember the guy... it's really sad that he's gone. R.I.P.
I remember him, my many condolences to his friends and loved ones for this tragic loss. I'll give him a truckers three toot salute

RIP Rodent
Woah, my condolences. Rest in peace.
Somehow I remember that I had an argument with him 2 years and half a month ago. I searched for that thread now, I found it and I read what we said. It seems to me now, because I understand the matter better than I did 2 years ago, that he was actually right. Pity he isn't here any more so I can tell him that.
I heard rumours about this, but couldn't track him down over at Arelith (where he was still roleplaying etc) to confirm it.

This is heartbreaking news. I personally owe Rod a great deal, and considered him a great friend for many years now. He rebuilt GRN| from the ground up, contributed immensely to the server (to [LN], Order|, and others) and community, and left before things really went to pot.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone more genuine or willing to help people than him. Anyone who knew him at all knows what I'm talking about. He was one of the friendliest and most approachable faces the place has ever seen

I am staggered and shocked beyond belief to hear that he's passed away, but the friendship he gave me and many other people is unforgettable, as are the countless hours he put into improving and trying to better the community with his contributions. God bless.
R.I.P. fellow discolancer I didn't know.
Never met him, but herd good things about him. I'm sorry for all those that were close.
Never had the chance to meet him, but I did hear and read giod things of him. Condolences to whoever is close to him. It is sad when such a young life is taken away...

May his soul find true peace.
Rodent was an absolutely fantastic person, and I'm glad I was able to know him for as long as I did, and now wish I had appreciated him a little longer while he was with us.

is right about Rodent's contributions to this community - I was lucky enough to share [LN] with him before he left Discovery - and it's really a damn shame that he's no longer here. He's what we needed in this world, someone who would always be willing to help you out, to sit down and constructively work on something, or just to bend an ear when you needed it.

I'm still at a bit of a loss for words, so I'm sorry if this doesn't flow together well or doesn't make sense. I had a comparatively short experience with Rod compared to some of the others posted in this thread, but I will always remember it. We lost one of our best today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4