Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Occasional black screen and crash...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, since I installed the game about a week ago for the first time in almost 5ish years, I have been having some difficulties...

The major issue I have been having is every so often, if I log off the server and attempt to log back in (passed select character, so IN GAME), the game will act as if I alt-tabbed/windowed (but the game doesn't disappear, the task bar just appears) and then it will re-enter the game and present me with a solid black screen, continuing to play background ambient sounds.

The only way to fix this is to then hold alt-tab, open a new desktop (Windows 10 feature)... and when it gives me a "this program is not responding," to then close it from that.

The biggest issue is that this problem then becomes permanent, and restarting the game does nothing. Only fix is to start the game in windowed, and after the server kicks me (as it says I'm still on the server, despite me obviously not being online), and then dock with a station (see next paragraph for why this is important).

-The only correlation I can find is that this always happens when I log off while in space and not docked. Is this a known bug or issue that I couldn't find? As I did attempt to find similar cases to this problem, but couldn't. Although, for some reason the server still thinks I'm online and thus doesn't let me connect.

So, is there a way to fix this? Or is it just a problem I have to live with? I did try starting the game is Windows XP 3 compatibility pack, but that only got rid of the seizure inducing flashing that used to happen when I started the game up (the loading picture before the main menu appears would flash extremely fast, like I was in some kind of horror film. Very disturbing).

Any ideas?

My basic specs are:
Windows 10, running game in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (clocked at 3.4 GHz)
8Gb RAM

I do indeed have the ENB enabled, if that is useful info.
Not sure but i think the logging off in space is a anti combat logging tool that put in place, il run to the same problem ever now and than when im dumb and forget to dock first, Shattered worlds war torn mod didnt have this problem of logging in space but this one does

i know the game is kinda touchy on alt tabing from time to time and depending on system type.

And the ENB i had the same problem but i think its just the ENB/Bloom effect thats not really made for this game

Just my thoughts
Bro i think you should contact admins i se you got windows 10 maybe they will help you to fix good luck
You'll be online for two more minutes after disconnecting.
As for windowed mode. I always start my game windowed. I have it borderless and if I need full screen for pvp I hit alt+enter to switch. Same works for full screen to windowed.
(09-16-2017, 09:00 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]You'll be online for two more minutes after disconnecting.
As for windowed mode. I always start my game windowed. I have it borderless and if I need full screen for pvp I hit alt+enter to switch. Same works for full screen to windowed.

How do you add borderless to the windowed mode?

I tried using the optional arguments "-noborder" "-borderless" like I've seen in some other games, but they didn't work.