Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Funshine state VS Irma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I manage to survive the hurricane Irma. Some trees and a few other things on the property did not fair as well. Millions of people were without power. lines for gas, reminded me of pictures of bread lines , if you could find a station that had power and fuel. Since last Saturday night the power had gone out 0030 and the cable shortly after at around 0430 Sunday.

Even with all the prep you go through with stocking up on fuel for a generator, food and extra water if the generator for some reason where to fail. It never really prepares you for the aftermath. Sure you know that you are not going to step out you front door and run down the street to pick up a snack. NO it more like you step out the front door and you think you have stepped through a portal that some how dumped you into post bombed Hiroshima or Fallout 4.

So after a week of being cut off from the rest for the world with out a media source, fueling a generator every 8 hours for the past week, and eating food out of cans it was almost like one of the many military movements that I have been on. with it being Saturday now the power and cable have finally been restored. I count myself luck to have it all back. I know there are many that are still going though what I have.

So now time to clean things up and wait for the next one down the road. Will I ride another one? YES!! But I learned a few things that will make the next one a little more livable.