Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Misfit's Notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Text Editor
Misfit's Notes - Power Distribution

Present during these experiments are three independent research scientists from both Ames Research Station and Heisenberg Research Station.

To begin these notes, I will attach an exerpt from my logs describing my controlled experiments in my hangar on Trenton station.

(06-08-2017, 10:05 AM)Misfit Wrote: [ -> ]I flew from Ames Research Station back to Trenton at half power. Making sure I only powered my engines, my weapons on standby, and my comms suite. Navigation wasn't necessary as I knew the route. With this distribution setting, the emissions were still coming out of the rear and wings of my ship, however I did notice my ship was a lot quieter, likely due to the pressurisation and atmospheric controls being disabled for the short trip.

Once I returned to Trenton I started tests in the hangar. I've done tests like that before I got the powercell and for the most part the emissions weren't dangerous (with the exception of frying a datapad I had on me at the time), so I knew it would likely just be a repeat performance of that test but with larger and more powerful emissions. So I was careful. I slowly powered on all my systems as I would if I were about to undock from the station. First main power, then onboard computer systems, then thrusters to get me off the deck. Once off the deck, I made sure the emissions weren't messing with anything in the hangar, paying close attention to the electric arcs emanating from the ship's rear. Anything the arcs were touching weren't being scorched or burning up, so I proceeded to turn on the rest of my ship's systems one by one. None of the additional systems seemed to worsen the effects of the emissions and no noticeable increase in radiation was performed.

Trials in the Trenton Hangar - 15/06/824

With the science team standing in the hangar ready to observe the effects of the power cell in my ship, I repeated the same wake sequence in the Osprey. As listed in the previous entry, the sequence was as follows:

- Main power initiated (13:07:17 hrs)
- Computer systems beginning with avionics (13:11:03 hrs)
- Computer systems full boot complete (13:13:22 hrs)
- Retro-thrusters initiated - bottom, bottom front, bottom rear, bottom port wing, bottom starboard wing (13:14:46 hrs)
- Ship off the deck (13:14:53 hrs)

Ship ready from sleep state in 7 minutes 46 seconds.

The science team observed the following events:

- No visible emissions from 13:07:17 hrs (first power on) until 13:11:36 hrs
- Emissions begin when power drawn from Reserve Battery Two to wake cloaking device, mine dropper (secondary equipment slots)
- Emissions increase when cloaking device enters "ready" state at 13:12:06 hrs
- Emissions increase further when ship breaks contact with the deck of the hangar at 13:14:53 hrs

Record ends.

Trials in space at 23294-34-38674 New York system - 18-06-824

With the science team aboard in a makeshift research "lab" inside the Osprey's cargo hold, more tests were conducted by flying through space in various power states and by managing power to various ship components and equipment. Cameras were secured to the ship focused on the areas where emissions were observed when in the hangar.
Note that emissions have been visible ever since lift off from the hangar at Trenton Outpost

The sequence of tests is as follows:

- Ship moved to testing location under impulse power only (80 m/s)
- Upon arrival at the test area, cruise engines were activated and a course of 4 navigation waypoints in a square formation were flown to (375 m/s)
- After one circuit of the course, the same course was used but under impulse power only (80 m/s)
- The circuit was flown again using the ship's afterburner (200 m/s)
- After these moving tests, weapons were fired in a safe direction to observer power consumption whilst static
- The same weapons tests were performed while moving (80 m/s)
- The function of the mine dropper and cloaking device were both tested statically
- The function of the mine dropper and cloaking device were both tested whilst in motion (80 m/s)
- Ship moved back to Trenton from the testing location under a mix of both impulse and cruise speeds

During these tests, readings were taken of the power consumption from the power cell as well as a simulated power consumption from the Osprey's regular power supply. The scientists observed that the power consumption levels were the same, and the outputs of both the cell and the simulated power supply were both consistent. Directing more power to weapon systems during the static weapon tests had the desired effect of being able to fire the weapons longer, indicating that the power cell was capable of specific component and equipment power management through the ship's existing power management systems.

During all of these tests however, the emissions from the rear and wings of the ship did not change in any way. Further testing of the cloaking device under alternative power management may be required.

Record ends.

This is the first upload of my locally stored notes. The rest I'm still attaching the relevent data to.

Misfit out.

Save file as: PDNotes_07-07-824.txt|
^G Get Help ^O WriteOut ^R Read File ^Y Prev Page ^K Cut Text ^C Cur Pos
^X Exit ^J Justify ^W Where Is ^V Next Page ^U UnCut Text^T To Spell