Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Select an Antagonist free of charge (Exodite's Characters + Feedback)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why hello there, fair reader. This is my ongoing collection of characters I actually care about. Feel free to offer feedback or something below. Updates will probably not happen >90% of the time.

My love letter to Fight Club
Name: Ryan Melford
Likes: his adopted daughters Willow and Teresa, complaining about being an unmarried single father, easy listening music
Dislikes: Nomads,
Leitmotif (if applicable): A Step Forward Into Terror
Something resembling a life story:
This guy. This guy was apparently born on Planet Denver, sold the family business when his parents retired (they're actually pretty well-off, living in middle-class comfort on Denver still), and bought a Serenity. He woke up one morning with a fancy new ID card and a letter addressed to Mr. Wallace Binghamton. And so he began a career in running a ship with an ultimate 72% fatality rate and so refuses to take on any passengers. This hasn't stopped his crew from adopting two daughters whose parents died to the ships' poor maintenance.

After he lost his buddies and was left adrift for a year, he has been reduced to a delusional shell of his former self with a mild painkiller dependency. Fortunately(?) he was able to shrug off the worst of it on account of his pre-existing mental health issues.

Was checked in to a mental hospital by his adopted daughters in early September 824, but Elroy Carpenter (see below) busted him out, and he is currently missing.
He is not going to be returning anytime soon.
[Image: co5g5Fg.jpg]
Name: Wallace Binghamton
Likes: Stuff being done on time, the people he's responsible for, Attack of the Clones
Dislikes: Anything that when said out loud sounds like a good name for a rock band
Leitmotif (if applicable): Dead London (ULLAdubULLA mix)
Something resembling a life story:Apparently surfaced sometime in 822 and took the name THP from some retired Junkers who had made a small fortune operating in warzones. Fairly shrewd, but when Ryan suffers, he suffers several times as bad, leading to horrible decisions.

Currently missing. Also will not be returning anytime soon.
[Image: I84vHFR.jpg]
Name: Elroy Carpenter/"Halite"
Likes:Architecture, Glenn Miller music, old films, Homura Akemi, Rachel Mikai
Dislikes: There was this one time where he was menaced by some chick. Oh, also, Teresa wants to kill him.
Leitmotif (if applicable): The Mad Flute/Ride Forth Victoriously
Something resembling a life story: Elroy Carpenter is the Gunpoint Secretary and Bursar, and he will not hesitate to let you know that.
He has apparently assumed dominance over the other two personalities in his head and has fled with a group of followers to the Independent Worlds, Willow and Teresa in swift pursuit. They caught him very swiftly, forcibly re-integrated his followers, and locked down the closest thing he had to a love interest by blocking all communications from her.
At some point after that, he struck up a close friendship, or perhaps something more, with Rachel Mikai, and considering her extracurricular activities, they've been spending an inordinate amount of time together...
This guy is now currently the sanest person of the three distinct personalities in the same person's head, and has assumed full-time dominance over the other personalities, much to Willow's and Teresa's chagrin.
[Image: KbOSWC5.png]
Gallic Royal Navy
Name: Mary-Anne Reyes
Likes: The Kingdom of Gallia, getting away with slacking off to spend time with her bondage harem
Dislikes: people cutting her off in traffic, the enemies of Gallia
Leitmotif (if applicable):
Something resembling a life story: Once upon a time not long ago, she was some no-name Bounty Hunter who could barely scrape by. Then she basically just gave up, and somehow drifted to a Foreign Legion enlistment centre. After increasingly frequent high-level personnel shakeups, she somehow ended up in charge of an entire unit of the Royal Navy.

Currently commands the RNS-Lyonesse in the Agincourt System. Currently taking an honorable retirement.
[Image: Tt9AJE0.png]
Villains
Name: Teresa Brooks/The Dark Lord/Hagaspacho Gaggasacka Higgens
Likes: Ryan Melford, humiliating local law enforcement, Lady Megaera
Dislikes: You.
Leitmotif (if applicable): Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Something resembling a life story: The Dark Lord is what happens when you take an impressionable young girl and put her on a Serenity that is actively trying to kill its crew. Tough as nails and a strong sense of right and wrong. Considering that she was a Houston-born nobody until the ship succeeded at killing her dockworker parents and she was taken in, she was never truly starved for affection aboard the Magnificent Lunatic, so she is surprisingly well-adjusted, unless you successfully anger her. Go ahead, ask her about the cat ears. She may or may not then invite you over to her place, where you will notice the blowtorch, soldering iron, and the cat ear headband on the table, furthermore she just shocked you with enough amperage to hurt a lot. And I mean a lot. You will then be treated to your own pair of cat ears. Have fun!
Alternate take: Teresa was born in a lab, cloned from a nice doctor lady who was sent to jail for a long time, who is still serving her sentence. A pair of the doc's associates, fleeing detection by law enforcement, took the clone along and tried to raise it as the doc intended. They were heroes, see, and these supersoldiers would win Liberty any war, if they were handled right. To support this creature, they took jobs at a starport handling starships. One day, the Magnificent Lunatic rolled into town and its shoddy maintenance killed her "parents" - on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day, even. Ten minutes of paper filing later, the crew had yet another young lady to attempt to raise properly, but this one was anything but normal.
Growing up at almost twice normal Earth Gravity made Teresa even tougher than even its creator intended. After several years of messing around, she was finally sent to get a proper education, as the crew could now afford putting both her and Willow through college. Then, three days after they had gone off, Magnificent Lunatic disappeared for a year.
When it returned, of the five, only Ryan was alive, and he was a gibbering wreck. Before Teresa's eyes, he slowly went from one personality to another, until the Carpenter aspect won out.
It was about this time that she enlisted in the Liberty Navy, ostensibly for the glowing resume entry, but mostly to get the hell out of there. Notably, she retained her Lost Company equipment and title, and on her days off, would find herself visiting a certain Carrier, and flying a certain ship...
After a contretemps with some Zoners whose names she has already forgotten, she's pretty much pulled out of her old affiliations, save asking Willow for some shinier toys.
[Image: RO4Hd64.jpg]
Name: 솜틀 (Willow) Holt
Likes: Fast starships and heavy guns, Ayn Rand novels, John Williams scores
Dislikes: Aspersions cast upon her character, laziness, ideologues trying to ram their ideas down her throat
Leitmotif (if applicable): Burt Meyer - Hegemonic Dominion
Something resembling a life story: JiangXi-born, then starship crew-raised, following a certain multiple disintegrations incident.

She was raised by the crew of the Magnificent Lunatic after her immediate family accidentally died whilst providing maintenance to it. Almost immediately after she got out of the homeschooling she had been receiving to go get some of that higher education, Magnificent Lunatic took a trip to the Omicrons, and she disappeared into the school system.

After a brief stint in the Stargazer business, she's adopted the Korean characters for her name and is apparently just quietly presiding over certain projects.

She's taken up flying the ship formerly belonging to the sole surviving member of her adoptive starship crew, the Magnificent Lunatic, though her Stargazer Flight has made a cameo in other places as well. She has a dog, named Isabelle, who she appreciates.

Her current shenanigans are largely expanding her demesne in TITAN-Holt Products, her indulgently named front company, flying the Black Asp, her new murder machine, and planning a war.
[Image: Willow_Propaganda_Shoot.jpg]
Glory.

Name: Chihaya Hachisuka
Dislikes: Things that she can't fight, eat, drink, or lewd
Leitmotif (if applicable): Pepper Coyote - When I Die
Something resembling a life story:
Chihaya had a Hogosha father who planned on marrying her off to improve his standing. This worked out really well for him because she inherited his brains and sinister outlook. His old age and treachery didn't prepare him for his own daughter blowing up him and the entire wedding party, and making off with a refurbished Oasis that did not exist on any records.

This would go on to have profound effects on her. Wearing a plastic smile on Roppongi, she looked at the socialites with resentment. They could wear the mask better than her, she thought. They had none of the problems she faced, she thought. She was hitting a slight problem. Starship upkeep was expensive, and these socialites who had nothing better to do than to meet in clubs to have premarital sex and do drugs in a social setting clearly had disposable income to spare. And so, a few people would disappear, and a few credits would be wired, and Chihaya's luxury oasis could keep flying.

She was eventually faced with a tough fact: The authorities would eventually find her. She realized that she would need to find someone to align herself with. So she looked up the Gen'an Chrysanthemums, figuring that armed terrorists would see no problems with her methods.

Was she ever wrong.

The Gen'an not only rejected her attempts to join them, but their pilots started treating her with contempt, and even attacked her Oasis in Shikoku. This would not stand. So she decided to take out her anger, not on them, but some random-ass Junker in Kepler. It didn't matter, the Junker was guilty by association with Gen'an. The high from the combat caused her to moodswing back to liking Gen'an, and she tried to join again, but this time the Gen'an had made their minds up and were out to silence her for good.

And so the games began...

And then she died suddenly.
ERR: Picture Not Found

Bit Characters

"Diomedes" - Actually a Maquis infiltrator into the Royal Navy, was dispatched to the Sigma region. Currently re-deployed to Rheinland to retrieve his Foreign Legion cohorts.

Andrew Burnett - Armchair NeuralNet scientist with no formal degree or training. Given an entire deck on the Concordia and nigh-limitless resources just to see what he produces. Currently deceased via blunt TITAN trauma.

709/TITAN - Less a character and more a force of nature. Experimental positive feedback "instinct" programming caused it to turn "renegade" for the thrill taking another being's life being positive. With it being nigh-invulnerable, the best that can be done is to seal off the entire fifth deck of the Concordia and pray. Rumors that she has breached the computer system and found a way to browse the Neural Net as well as observe the goings-on aboard the Concordia are P A T E N T L Y . F A L S E though its unique tics C A N N O T . B E . D I S C E R N E D . A T . T H I S . T I M E. Though T H I S . O N E . I S . F R I E N D L Y . A N D . C O M P L E T E L Y . T R U S T W O R T H Y . and may or may not T H I S . O N E . P E R C E I V E S . Y O U /
W A N N A . H A V E . S O M E . F U N ?

After a certain debacle, the TITAN AI was re-formed into Colossus, and its physical form was semi-permanently locked down. Its "kill everything" feature was placed into the re-built mind of Personnel EX-SLATE and it was forgotten about.

Agatura Domuda - The most offensive Kusari stereotype I could think of. Racist, sexist, and paleo-conservative, with a backstory that would make <insert hard-line conservative person of your choice here> say "... a bit much, surely?" Punch to the face = Very Yes

Bjorn Koch - Calm, professional Rheinland Military pilot. Photography is not kind to him, unfortunately, but he looks reasonably nice in person.

SLATE - "Slate" is TITAN put into a less powerful body and with more safeguards. It is either in stasis or it is in its assault craft.

Reggie Page - Reggie is the former Quartermaster of Mama Brick, directly poached by Willow to properly integrate the efforts of TITAN-Holt with the other League assets. Currently overseeing equipment upgrades on the various Bricks.
Because I'm being slightly more active on forum, I feel the need to remind peeps that this exists.

Up!
I had a very nice time flying with Mary-Anne. Aww
Note Amber in her description, plox.
Updated with new GC char.
I updated this, noting a character was killed off.
[Image: WfWBI0r.png]

Accidentally a hilarious image.
Honestly, it's even funnier with the error image, but I edited in an appropriate image.