Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: just curious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, hello community - Nice to ses it still up and running! As the title says ... Just curious about changes that happened in the past .... I dont know ... 1.5 years? Haven t kept track when i last logged in.

.. But i would love to see a few of the new.models, places or stuff.

Maybe There Is a changelog thread burried somewhere?last time i was gère, There were autie a Lo of promising outcast and reaper design suggestions as well as a new shipline for scra.
I've been slogging through a rather enormous backlog and put model submissions on hold for the time being. The 4.85 SCRA shipline redux is something I'm holding off on working on for now. When you mention Outcast ships, I assume you mean Swallow's transport models? One was never finished, the other is slated for this update.

Not sure what you mean about Reaper designs, considering the faction is slated for deletion.

I did whip up a nifty, animated GMG VHF and tried to stay true to your aesthetic with the Karasu and Kaichou, you may be interested in taking a look at that.

I dunno, a lot has changed and your best bets are probably taking a look at the patch notes, flying around ingame, and exploring the interactive navmap.
Ah, kk - thought, There May have been a major omicron and nomads update and some other overhauls to get all modèle on approximately the dame quality standards and lore philosophe. Well going to extract some of the new stuff to check it out ?
Jinx! Damn, I tried to get in touch with you for a while already, via PM, YouTube, even Skype! :O

Good to see you're alive!

Seriously, I even contacted the wrong Jinx once. There is a second one of you on YouTube with Discovery content. :O
(09-19-2017, 07:23 AM)Jinx Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, kk - thought, There May have been a major omicron and nomads update and some other overhauls to get all modèle on approximately the dame quality standards and lore philosophe. Well going to extract some of the new stuff to check it out ?

The balance team still has yet to stat out Yuri's new nomad ships. Its been so long that I'm getting very, very close to doing so and implementing them myself.
hello user
You might not like it, but I think that your Bretonian carrier model is getting a replacement by . Would you approve of it?

There's also a Bretonian battlecruiser planned, but in this area designers find it hard to surpass the two designs of yours, so it might be useful, if you want, to give them its codes, so they could maybe improve it instead.
Model files are easily copied and converted to any format you like to work with from the game files. Milkshape or any other 3d program can easily do that conversion - and at the simplicity of the models here - due to the limited model information (as in dx9 - or is it even dx8? i forgot) - there is hardly any risk for conversion errors or corruption.

When it comes to change - i have always been of the opinion that change is good. Well - if a replacement model is obviously poor - as in mesh and texture quality - then it might not be great ... but in terms of design - there is no better or worse - just a matter of taste. If the faction that primarily uses those models is fine with it - i would not even start a discussion about it.
Do you still have all the models you presented in your thread here? Could you zip them up and upload them? It would really be a shame if they get lost. I think some of them would still be awesome for Discovery.

Sadly, all the pictures are gone with the provider being greedy.