Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: best/easy trade routes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys whats up Big Grin im a new player here and currently am flying a Camara. so i have a pretty decent hold for trading (630 units) but i cant seem to find any good trade routes right now.... can you guys give me a few suggestions? anything would be very much appreciated!!!
Try to "search" button, it works, realy.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=153737

^ one player asked similar question few hours ago, same tips can help you.
(09-19-2017, 12:09 PM)Spartan722 Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys whats up Big Grin im a new player here and currently am flying a Camara. so i have a pretty decent hold for trading (630 units) but i cant seem to find any good trade routes right now.... can you guys give me a few suggestions? anything would be very much appreciated!!!

You can check out http://ageira.evagames.eu just be sure to not haul Docking Rings Parts or Jump Gate and Trade Lane Parts without Ageira, DSE or Universal Shipping IDs.
Hey man, I returned to the Discovery recently, and all my stuff got wiped so I also had do that painful first grind.

Here's how a become a millionaire in one day. First step, take your Camara to Pennsylvania system, I'm sure you be able to find it. If you don't know where it is, try out this cool Navmap. When you come to Pennsylvania system, best thing to do is mine Helium. First, I suggest you to buy a Miner ID on a Betlehem station and some mining turrets on the planet. If they are not sold there, Planet Pittsburgh offers them 100%. Then, you go into that big blue nebula behind the planet ( F 3/4 ) and shoot the rocks that are floating around. When you get full, sell the Helium on planet Erie. You'l get 25 millions in about an hour.

Next, you create a new character and use the command: /restart RhCorpDaumann - this will give you a Daumann ID and IFF, then you transfer the credits from Camara to your new char using /givecash "name of your new char". After you doi it and have ~25 millions on your next char, fly to Oder shipyard in New Berlin system and buy a Hegemon. It's perfect ship for mining. Buy heavy mining turrets for it and go to Omega 11. Dont forget the turrets, and careful not to sell your ID when you buy a new ship. It has to be Daumann ID and mining turrets. Again, if you dont know where Omega 11 is, use the Navmap. When you get there, move to this location and shoot the floating rocks again. You will get "Uncut diamonds". When you are full, sell them on Planet Manhattan in New York system for sweet profit of 10108$ per unit.

On your way back from New York, stop in Texas system and go to this location. Shoot the floating asteroids again, and you will receive "Premium scrap". This one will be a bit slower as Daumann ID dont get bonus on Scrap mining but it doesnt matter. Fill up, move to Omega 3 system and sell the Scrap on Planet Sprague for profit of 9347$ per unit. With your cool Hegemon and 2750 units of cargo, you will earn around 29 million for a run of diamonds and 25 million for a run of Scrap. Do several runs and you'l be on 100 million in a day, no problem! Then you can think about getting some big transport and start trading for real.

Anyways, mining is most profitable thing to do at this moment, so everyone do it. If you wanna know more about mining, check this out. Most importantly, have fun! If you need anything else just PM me!
^ small correction, Camara isnt mining ship, he need to buy Sunbutst Freighter in planet Erie in order to mine helium.
(09-19-2017, 03:20 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]^ small correction, Camara isnt mining ship, he need to buy Sunbutst Freighter in planet Erie in order to mine helium.

Not necessarily. As long he uses mining arrays, he can mine, no matter the ID or ship. It will make it very slow tho, so don't try that with anything except Helium, that is why I implied for Hegemon to be Daumann ID with mining turrets. As for Helium, it has high drops, up to 40 per hit, so even with no multiplier or proper ship, you can fill up your freighter in ~15 seconds.

Alternatively, use /restart beginner to get a Mining ID Sunburst, which has 100 cargo less than the Camara. So it's better to keep your Camara.
wow this is great info. im going to try out the mining ship idea. it was kinda slow on my Camara so that kinda made me not wanna do it.. but then again it isnt a mining ship. and it can only use class 1 mining guns (i think) so if i can really get a ship that mines faster and has a larger cargo hold ill be doing that for sure!. thanks again for all the info guys!!!
I would like to use this opportunity to ask: How do you mine with Hegemon?

In normal view, the rocks Im supposed to shoot tend to dissapear, before I can turn towards them. In cockpit view it is deffinitely better, but the slow turning speed means less rocks to shoot. Also it seems that only 2 turrets are hitting the rocks most of the time. I guess this is turret placement issue.

I understand, that due to the cargo hold size, the mining speed has to be slower for balance reasons. But this seems just too much.
Strafe down in cockpit view.
Pages: 1 2