Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Open SP - Where to find the Bretonia Primary BS Turret ('Beam' Weapon)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know where to find the Bretonia Primary Battleship Turret?

I looked 'everywhere' and can't seem to find it. I know Liberty sells their Primary Turret at the Norfolk shipyard in New York, but that's a completely different turret (in terms of firing effect at least).

Here's a pic of the Bretonia weapon in action.

[Image: BretoniaBS.jpg]

Also, is there a weapons guide somewhere (the Wiki is a little bit lacking)?

Thanks!
well I will assume that you are rather new, but I will be nice and tell you what it is

That is a Battlerazor tachyon/antimatter cannon, which I think the effect was originally from the Bretonian Gunboat primary cannon
' Wrote:well I will assume that you are rather new, but I will be nice and tell you what it is

That is a Battlerazor tachyon/antimatter cannon, which I think the effect was originally from the Bretonian Gunboat primary cannon

Much thanks! And thank you again for being nice (I am new BTW). I scanned the Essex and the weapon came up as a 'primary bs turret' from what I can tell.

Do you know where I could find the BattleRazor in Open SP? System name would be just fine.

Thanks again!
//spoiler (not really

I don't use capital ships much so I dont know all the locations, but I know for sure that one is on Isis, and there is probably one on Gran Canaria, also Crete has to have one
Download a program called FLStat. It has everything you need.
' Wrote://spoiler (not really

I don't use capital ships much so I dont know all the locations, but I know for sure that one is on Isis, and there is probably one on Gran Canaria, also Crete has to have one

Yeah, I find Cap ships to be a litte boring. I usually fly the Liberty Bomber (really reminds me of a Su-27), but for some reason, the weapon damage isn't correct on Open SP.

For example, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to fight any Battleships due to the small effect (of lack of) of my weapons. I have a Nova TL and a SuperNova AMC and those weapons cannot blow a BS away (it literally takes about 30 shots from the AMC) even though they supposidly due hundreds of thousands of hull damage per shot. It takes more than 2 SNAMC shots to blow up a Nomad Gunboat (5 with the Nova TL).

This doesn't make sense as the gunboat's armor is advertised to be 125,000 (AMC should only take one shot as it does 168,000 hull damage). The only way I can kill a BS is to find a blind spot and shoot away for about 10 mins.....

Is something wrong here? Or is it my newbieness?
' Wrote:Yeah, I find Cap ships to be a litte boring. I usually fly the Liberty Bomber (really reminds me of a Su-27), but for some reason, the weapon damage isn't correct on Open SP.

For example, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to fight any Battleships due to the small effect (of lack of) of my weapons. I have a Nova TL and a SuperNova AMC and those weapons cannot blow a BS away (it literally takes about 30 shots from the AMC) even though they supposidly due hundreds of thousands of hull damage per shot. It takes more than 2 SNAMC shots to blow up a Nomad Gunboat (5 with the Nova TL).

This doesn't make sense as the gunboat's armor is advertised to be 125,000 (AMC should only take one shot as it does 168,000 hull damage). The only way I can kill a BS is to find a blind spot and shoot away for about 10 mins.....

Is something wrong here? Or is it my newbieness?

Nope NPCs are way more powerful than normal to make up for them being stupid.:P
For example, I fought a Phantom NPC for 5 minutes today.
about the weapons damages

all NPC (or non player ships) carry armor multipliers, meaning that their hull is far stronger than it is advertised on their info cards

in multiplayer, players have to buy armor, so their ships start with normal hull...well until they buy the armor

you can see the real effect of a super nova if you hit an un-armored player ship, as not everyone has the best armor, also it helps to team up with other bombers to take out a bigger boat.... well it is more fun that way anyways
' Wrote:Nope NPCs are way more powerful than normal to make up for them being stupid.:P
For example, I fought a Phantom NPC for 5 minutes today.

I guess that makes sense.... There are a couple of fighters that can take several direct hits of the Sunslayer on their hulls without dying.... That's too bad since it makes battling cap ships impossbile with anything less than a capship. :(

Maybe I should go online? (after reading all of the RP rules of course!):D
' Wrote:I guess that makes sense.... There are a couple of fighters that can take several direct hits of the Sunslayer on their hulls without dying.... That's too bad since it makes battling cap ships impossbile with anything less than a capship. :(

Maybe I should go online? (after reading all of the RP rules of course!):D

Well probably, yes. Hehe. Read them, and feel free to ask for help if you don't know something, we were all rookies once.
Pages: 1 2