Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Catbert's Repository of RP Stuff (and Feedback)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Catbert's Repository of RP Stuff (and Feedback)

Hi, and thanks for coming to this thread, regardless of whether you opened it intentionally or just by accident. As you can guess from the title, this is where I'm going to keep links to all (or most of) the stories, bios, or whatever else that I was involved in. I decided to do it for two reasons:
  • I'd like to have a thread which I can just check and look back at what I did in the past.
  • I'd really love to hear feedback from people, should they find anything here to be worth their time.
It won't contain ALL the stuff (because tracking down every comm wouldn't be worth the effort), and it will be developed over time. Right now I just want to prepare the layout and add some basics. With that out of the way, time to get to it.

[HERE BE CONTENTS] (once I'm done making the posts and filling them with useful info)
1. Featured Stories

Here I'll be listing my favourite stories. They may be mine alone or co-written with other people; they may be finished or not. I just consider them the most important projects of mine, and I'll do my best to see them through.
  • A Kusari Story [Complete]

• Get Me out of Here [Complete]

• Of Cages and Misery [In progress]
2. Stories and Biographies

This section will cover my other stories, including incomplete/abandoned ones. Although I didn't mark them as featured, some of them might still be curious. A curious observation is that most of these stories died down due to [insert_reason_here]. I apologize to those who were meant to take part in them.

Started by me

Although I called it "Started by me", it merely means that I was the one to make the first post. Most of these are a result of cooperation of some sort. While compiling this list, I noticed that quite a few of them were left unfinished, and I am to blame for that.
  • To Make a Difference [Abandoned]

• Chasing Shadows [Unfinished, might continue]

• Stranded [Unfinished, might continue]

• A Breaking Point [Somewhat finished?]

• An Outcast among Outcasts [In progress]

• Doubts and Delusions [Unfinished, retconned]
3. Factions

Some might say that factions don't belong here. But I think that the background of the faction does count as a story. That, and the fact they usually don't last long, so the main value they have is the story behind them.

Current Factions:
  • Les Révélateurs (a GRI faction with a lore twist)

Old Factions:
  • Les Damnés (a Gallic Brigand faction)

• Ajax Combine Inc. (an undercover LSF group)

4. Characters

At first I thought I'd do character sheets here, but then decided that just listing the characters with some comments (and maybe links) would be enough.

• Norman O'Connor, LSF agent
Below Be Feedback

Well, that's it. I'll keep filling this thread with various stuff over time, but the layout is done. As I said earlier, any sort of feedback is appreciated.
You have the most epic combination of forum name and avatar. Not even Flex-Tape could upgrade this.

Aside from that, I hear people talking about you very positively, for example this person and some Forlorn people. I look forward to steal your time by cybering with you until I am pleased! (sun)
BTW you forgot that part where you used to be a great leader for =LSF= a half decade ago, which I feel like you should get credit for =S

*EDIT: Said 'greater', meant 'great'
(10-01-2017, 09:00 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]You have the most epic combination of forum name and avatar. Not even Flex-Tape could upgrade this.

Aside from that, I hear people talking about you very positively, for example this person and some Forlorn people. I look forward to steal your time by cybering with you until I am pleased! (sun)

Thanks, I'm flattered. Feel free to track down my characters for some RP. Oh, I forgot, I don't even have a list of characters ready yet. Guess it's about whether our paths cross in space, for now at least.

(10-01-2017, 09:22 AM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]BTW you forgot that part where you used to be a great leader for =LSF= a half decade ago, which I feel like you should get credit for =S

I didn't think it was worth mentioning which factions I was part of. The "Factions" part was only for factions made from scratch, and not the factions that I joined when they were already well on the way. That, and I didn't really last long as =LSF= Director (8 months, I think), and there are things I should've handled better. But thank you!

Also, I have extended the "Factions" section, so now there's a reference to the old =LSF= times (although it's still behind a couple of links). Each of the two factions now also has some retrospective thoughts.
A couple of developments:
  1. Get Me out of Here has finally been completed. I know that the posts from 8 to 12 were way longer and 'talkier' than they should've been, but that's the drawback of basing the story on Skype RP. I'm keeping this story as "featured" just because it has a couple of interesting plot twists, and due to the amount of fun we had while working on it. The follow-up story may appear soon, and I hope it will be more evenly-balanced.

2. I've updated the list of non-featured stories. So far it only includes the threads started by me. I'll try to dig up other stories I took part in some other time. While going through the list, I noticed that a lot of those stories were unfinished. Guess I should blame my laziness or quitting Disco at the times when those stories were supposed to take place. A sad joke it may be, but perhaps I should have renamed that section to "Abandoned stories".
Pages: 1 2