Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Security Warning: CCleaner Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day, peepers.
I know this is news that is rather outdated, but I think that many of you might not be subscribed to every tech channel ever to keep track of all of the things.

All in short, the CCleaner software which is a very popular tool even for non-tech-savvy people to keep their PC running had been compramised some time ago and has led to some issues. Moreso, not all antivirus and anti-malware software could find and remedy the issue.

If you are using an anti malware suite such as Malwarebytes, you might want to do an additional sweep with RogueKiller which has been, personally, a very recent discovery that seems to be working very nicely in comparison to my usual choice of software. To the point where it is -HIGHLY- sensitive to any sort of detection, however in doing so lists any ''potential'' threat and allows the user to select the ones that need removing.

And it does not screw with Disco, thankfully.
In any case, please remember to keep your machine safe and secure, as this security breach is another reminder that in the 21st century and the interconnection of our current society, your security sometimes will be compromised not by your own action, but rather the mistakes or oversights made by the companies you put your trust in.
Thanks, i have both CC and Rogue killer, but i havent use them for at least month, time to use second.
I greatly appreciate the info, and thanks. I have Ccleaner which I use manually but run mainly on Kaspersky Total 2019 anbd have Malwarebytes Premium, also run occasionally manually. MWB comes up as an 'infiltrating alien' in KT2019 and a programme I used to use, Advanced System Care is at war with MWB over the stealing of databases by ASC.
October 10th of last year, man. Come on.
I ran Rogue Killer eventually - after several attempts to download and run it without inserting a licence code. Its weird to say the least. It picked up on several of my desktop icon links telling me they were 'dangerous' - load of rubbish. Ther desktop icon links it picked up were all inserted by me manually from bookmarks. Ity also picked up on other innocent links. So I binned it.