Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An overdue introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings Disconauts!

As you may have ascertained from the title, this has been a long time coming. Don't let my join date mislead you. I have been playing Disco for about a year and a half now, the entire time browsing the forums as a "guest". Lately, I've been thinking about joining one or two of the official factions, but of course, that requires an account to do so. Also, I now have an idea on how to do the BBCode thing, so "ForumLancing" is in my future. Although my RP experience is mostly D&D and such, I don't think I've done to bad here.

A brief history: I found the game Freelancer back in 2013 (late to the party, I know) and fell in love. After playing through the vanilla story many times, I decided it was time to find some mods. The first one I came across, Crossfire, seemed to be dead. I saw maybe 5 people online when I logged, which could be due to my timezone. I live in the States, GMT +5. While searching, I came across tutorials and decided to give Disco a go. I have not regretted it. I've had a great time mining, trading, pirating and RPing with you all! I have a good collection of ships and a decent bank account, and honestly, haven't had a single bad experience(so far).

So, I guess that's about it, other than one thing...

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an old guy(46)! I know that the majority of the members here are in their 20's (or younger) and some have a "thing" against "old people". Let me assure you, for an old guy, I'm cool AF!

See you all in space!
Welcome to Discovery, then! (sun)
Greetings, commander! I'm glad you've had a blast so far in your time here, and I hope to bump into you sometime soon in-game!
(10-04-2017, 06:30 PM)Quantum~Flux Wrote: [ -> ]FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an old guy(46)! I know that the majority of the members here are in their 20's (or younger) and some have a "thing" against "old people". Let me assure you, for an old guy, I'm cool AF!

Welcome and just for your information, there are people a lot older than you, playing.
(10-04-2017, 06:50 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 06:30 PM)Quantum~Flux Wrote: [ -> ]FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an old guy(46)! I know that the majority of the members here are in their 20's (or younger) and some have a "thing" against "old people". Let me assure you, for an old guy, I'm cool AF!

Welcome and just for your information, there are people a lot older than you, playing.

Thank you, and that is VERY good to know!
Heyo, welcome to Discovery Smile St.Denis is an ancient person here. Tongue
(10-04-2017, 07:01 PM)Shelco Wrote: [ -> ]Heyo, welcome to Discovery Smile St.Denis is an ancient person here. Tongue

Surely not as ancient as myself? Wink
(10-04-2017, 06:36 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Discovery, then! (sun)

Thank you! (sun)
(10-04-2017, 06:40 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings, commander! I'm glad you've had a blast so far in your time here, and I hope to bump into you sometime soon in-game!

And thank you! If you're able to log around the same time I can (usually after midnight my time, more than likely, you already have. Cool
(10-04-2017, 07:14 PM)Quantum~Flux Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 06:40 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings, commander! I'm glad you've had a blast so far in your time here, and I hope to bump into you sometime soon in-game!

And thank you! If you're able to log around the same time I can (usually after midnight my time, more than likely, you already have. Cool

Ooof, that's actually super-late for me, I think I'm only an hour ahead of you? I'm in bed by about 9 Central U.S. Oh well, maybe someday on a weekend we might meet.
(10-04-2017, 07:18 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 07:14 PM)Quantum~Flux Wrote: [ -> ]

Ooof, that's actually super-late for me, I think I'm only an hour ahead of you? I'm in bed by about 9 Central U.S. Oh well, maybe someday on a weekend we might meet.

9...P.M.? Yeah, that;s a little early for me. I am 100% nocturnal. I even work nights. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3