Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dagger Complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dagger Complex
LSF SIGINT Processing Facility
Puerto Rico, Liberty

Press Release

"Dagger Complex is the latest in a series of forward-warning listening outposts and SIGINT/HUMINT processing stations, utilizing the latest in intelligence gathering technology combined with the finest of Liberty's experts to provide data on everything from inbound asteroid showers to unregistered criminal elements and even hostile fleet activities, should the necessity arise. This early warning network is crucial to the continued mission of the LSF to provide a strong and stable basis of national security and public interest."

Rumors and Speculation

Many rumors persist that Dagger Complex, and LSF's larger PRISM program, is part of a large government conspiracy to conduct internal unlawful surveillance on Libertonian citizens. Others, mainly Rheinland ex-pats and current nationals, as well as those living within the neutral systems of Bering and Hudson, worry that the outpost stands as a threat to their privacy, or the first steps in a Libertonian advance on neutral and Rheinland space. Junkers within Puerto Rico reserve their own concerns on the structure, as it seemingly sprung up overnight within their home. LSF officials maintain that Puerto Rico is a prime location for the installation, given its relative proximity on the galactic scale compared to Hudson, Bering, et al., while also remaining part of Libertonian border space. Regardless of the specifics, the new complex remains a constant source of controversy for the LSF, doubly so given the recent elevation of Director Christopher Murray.

General Information

Name: Dagger Complex
IFF: Liberty Security Force
Docking Access: Restricted to members of the Libertonian Armed Forces, and trusted suppliers
I am curious.
How does a Libertarian base "suddenly" appear? I have scanned the government records and there is NO evidence that you have submitted an application that was approved by the Liberty Government. Thus, you are an illegal operation. This is hypocritical to say the least.

Please respond, as there are many organisations and individuals who find the placement of an LSF base right on a Jump hole as deliberately antagonistic and provocative.

A citizen of Liberty.

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Tactical Operations

Sr. Agent 'Tracer'

"Citizen":

I'd wholeheartedly advise you avoid trying to "scan" classified government documentation. It puts you on watchlists.

As for our permit... Well, here it is. We're the Security Force.

Senior Agent 'Tracer'
Agent in Command

Attached files: [1]

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

Maybe we could add arrogance to the list. Clearly the LSF are a rogue government branch. Criminal in fact given the evidence.

Reminds me of a fascist organisation I once read about in "Old Earth History". They were called the Gestapo of the Nazi's. Nasty brutes and they were defeated.

Ce la Vie!

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force

Sr. Agent 'Tracer'

"Citizen":

This is an automated reply. Your message has been received and deleted due to lack of content of relevance. Category: spam. Please contact your nearest Security Force representative if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Senior Agent 'Tracer'
Agent in Command

Attached files: None

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

Incoming Transmission

[Image: MuIiDPi.jpg?1]

To: The LSF.
From: Sascha Lattke, der Alster Union, leader of the Pacifica Cell and de-jure commander of all Unioner Arbeiters in the Bering and Puerto Rican regions.
Subject: Unlawful construction.

The Union agrees. Dagger complex is an unlawfully sanctioned military base constructed outside of Libertonian borders. It thus constitutes an act of aggression, as do the cruiser elements sent to supposedly protect the listening post.

It is,in effect, an unlicensed sting operation and a violation of peacekeeping practice and a threat to the constitutionally protected rights of the civilians within the system. By acting as if the citizens of Puerto Rico are not entitled to said constitutional protections, the LSF is therefore admitting Dagger's role as an element of a wider attempt to annex Puerto Rico to the Republic of Liberty. An invasion.

Therefore its supply chain will be contested.

In solidarity, in peace, I remain yours.
Sascha Lattke
Cell-Lord, Chort's Forge, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force

Sr. Agent 'Tracer'

Terrorist:

Whether or not a terrorist organization, a group of "people" considered hostis humani generis, agrees on a particular subject is irrelevant. Dagger outpost is a peacekeeping facility, first and foremost. I can find no documentation as to the Congress or the Junkers as a whole owning the system of Puerto Rico that has been acknowledged by the Republic of Liberty. If I am incorrect, do feel free to supply me with that paperwork. I command Battlecruisers, not desks. They claim to rent it from us, and if this is the case, I'd claim that they're the worst tenants in Sirius. Smuggling Cardamine, harboring fugitives from justice, utilizing the system to supply smugglers and pirates, failing to pay rent, the list goes on.

Oh, and let's not forget: one of your own pilots claimed that Puerto Rico was their home. The Security Force is dedicated to maintaining the safety and security of Liberty as a whole. If that means chasing out little green roaches from under every log and rock on every backwater planet on her borders, fine.

Task Force "Violator" has been rerouted to the Bering system for peacekeeping patrols. I rather doubt the Union has the ships to deal with the Saratoga Springs, Highlands, North Bay, Willow Grove, and their attendant vessels, but I will not take your threats lightly. Here's hoping you have the men and women to replace those you lose. We do, not that they'll get the call.

Senior Agent 'Tracer'
Agent in Command

Attached files: [1]

Incoming Transmission

[Image: MuIiDPi.jpg?1]

To: The LSF.
From: Sascha Lattke, der Alster Union, leader of the Pacifica Cell and de-jure commander of all Unioner Arbeiters in the Bering and Puerto Rican regions.
Subject: Unlawful construction.

You can write the Highlands off the list, Agent Tracer. The battlecruiser will not be returning to its port of origin.

One down, three to go.

In solidarity, in peace, I remain yours.
Sascha Lattke
Cell-Lord, Chort's Forge, Westphalia.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force

Sr. Agent 'Tracer'

Terrorist:

Once again, I put too much faith in my subordinates. Rest assured, I will be commanding further operations personally. Perhaps we'll have a chance to meet, man to... Half-man.

Senior Agent 'Tracer'
Agent in Command

Attached files: None

Agent Tracer.

In lieu of the fact that this base IS illegal, has NO right to be there, and is a hazard to both commerce and ships, I believe we, the citizens of Liberty can and MUST ask you to remove the Dagger Outpost immediately. This arrogant and unfettered behaviour, and dare I say "Lawless" behaviour is not to be condoned and should be condemned.

So, as a citizen, I now INSIST that you dismantle your base or face the ire of the very citizenry you vow to protect.

Most seriously yours...

Undertaker.