Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Invisible asteroids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is something I've been having issues recently which is that asteroids in Omega-5 and Omega-3 are invisible. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Can you screenshot it?

The only thing I can think of is that one of your texture files, or one of the asteroid files might be corrupt. In that case, try copying the vanilla mat files into the folder Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA\SOLAR
(10-11-2017, 09:26 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]This is something I've been having issues recently which is that asteroids in Omega-5 and Omega-3 are invisible. Does anyone know a fix for this?

What ship are you flying, it might sound stupid but whenever i swap to certain ships sometimes it goes away.

It also happens in tau-23
Titan. I haven't tried on other ships, but I'm quite sure this also happens when I fly the sair GB.

I also doubt the textures are corrupted cause this happened on two separate FL installs.
That ship theory might be it. Freelancer is a biatch when it comes to use the same file for different things. Would be cool to know what ships have that problem. If it is only the Corsair shipline, it must be something with the texture for them. Otherwise I have no idea. The thing is, an asteroid field can only use one texture group at a time, which depends on the very first asteroid of that group. For example, if I'd add a Badland asteroid to the asteroid fields in O-3 or O-5, all of those asteroids would be pitchblack as they would use the texture of the badland asteroid. So the material file for the asteroids itself can't be the problem. Either the model file for the specific asteroid model or a texture issue with ship models.