Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: second step in getting the members of the Order Council
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a follow up from this thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=30275&st=0

What we concluded from that first step, are the following:

1) a 5 person council suffices. It's a good number, no more, no less.

2) Tenacity's role has been questioned. Yet I am sure he will be comitted to this, and although somewhat power hungry, will respect the council and not get to far ahead of himself.

3) Eternal's role has been questioned. Acitivty has slacked a bit, but he has great rp and does live in a rather distinct time zone.

edit- 4) The reason I put myself, Unselie, and Stewcool in the same question, is because no objections were brought up and it was to see if the 3 of us should be placed on the council for sure.

So for this poll, I have made the 3 questions which I think will help us narrow down this whole council thing.

So please, vote honestly and thoughtfully and thank you:)

-Swissy
As a new addition to the Order indie group, I'm still a bit confused about how the council will function, but I will figure it out soon enough. The fundamentals are sound for the council, and I haven't had an experiences that would lead me to object to these fine players. So carry on, and good luck.
Power hungry? me? NEVER! =P

I just like things getting done, and not dicking around, guess I'm too aggressive when it comes to politics for some people to handle.

Anyways, my decision remains the same as it was before, if eternal can show more activity he more than deserves the spot. Stewcool and yourself are both (almost =) as dedicated to the order as I am, and unselie has proven to be a good order RP'er with the 42nd.
See my reply to the other thread for more info on my stance.
Hmm, I find myself in a position where I should respond to this thread, yet very likely will find my day to day affairs ultimately un-affected by its outcome.

Tenacity is a person whom has invested a great deal of personal effort towards the Order. When I was first becoming involved with that part of space I found many of the details that he had fleshes out of whole cloth to be exceedingly helpful in providing steps for my first few akward steps in some very curious shoes. In that regard his devotion to enhancing the Order as a viable RP faction deserves a great deal of merit.

To counter point, though, I've observed that he maintains a great deal of arrogance in the manner by which he pushes his views onto other persons and holds a very strong negative view against parties that oppose him, within RP or out. As such I can't help but feel that he would find it extremely difficult to concede his own viewpoints and RP paths in a direction that the overall body feels would be more appropriate for the "council" to move.

Given the sparseness of the Order population proper, however, there are few other persons with whom I'm familiar that would be suited to taking up the seat, nor who merit it. I would take advantage of this opportunity to suggest that he would be well served in considering that his viewpoint may, in fact, be off the mark on occasion and to greatly reduce the volume of ooc complaints within group chat. Group may be pink, it might not be system, but the overall flavor is so vastly enhanced by maintaining character throughout. It serves, at the least, as a good example.

' Wrote:guess I'm too aggressive when it comes to politics for some people to handle.

Case in point, my experiences throughout speaking with you (when it was not known that I was me) was that offering you views contrary to your own was paramount to speaking with a brick wall. You can certainly exercise your vocal cords, but no impression is to be made.

Eternal is someone with whom I'm no longer familiar. We had our differences in months past, but occasional inquiries have revealed that he's conducted himself in exceptional manner both personally and within the game environment during his term of stay in Order space. I feel that he has some issues with, ah, diplomatic communication from time to time and is prone to anger, but with the same nod towards Tenacity I believe that viewpoints that stand apart from the others and could be argued with some passion can contribute nicely towards evading stagnation.

I apologize for the somewhat pretentious review of my fellow players, but, then, this thread did ask for them.

Furthermore, Unseelie is a total noob.

-DL
You're right, I am set in my ways, though that doesnt mean I dont consider other perspectives on something. I almost always take the viewpoint of other order players into consideration, I just often find myself preferring my course of action to theirs.

At any rate, there are 5 people to be on the council, and if I am elected as one of them I will only be contributing one vote (of course). Even if a decision made is against my liking, I will follow it, not doing so would be quite hypocritical and would only serve to lower my influence in future decisions. I'm not one to go against a decision once it has been finalized - though I may express my disdain with the decision, I will follow it nonetheless.

as for the ooc in group chat, well... ill try to work on that, but i've always considered group chat out of character unless someone in the group states that they want to maintain RP in group chat. Generally it is more efficient to speak simply and quick in group chat, especially in combat, than to go on RP tirades while trying to dodge battleship fire in my fighter =P
' Wrote:I know I am ignorant, altough who is Eternal, if I may ask?
EDIT: On forums I mean.

Well , that would be me.

Well I'm aways open to suggestion about my RP and how I can enchance it if need be. But I would like those suggestions to come from people who have atleast talked to me in game in RP . Indeed Dusty , that rahter short discription of me and my behavior is somewhat correct , but is many aspects I've changed since we last met.

I realy can't understand how was I able to fail in making an impression with my in-game RP. I was around when the Order was not so populated so I don't think that it was too hard to remember encounters with me. Atleast half of the Liberty Navy knows my ship and has RP'ed with me.

I've seen a lot of Eternal's RP. It's top notch.

(My only qualm was that he wasn't that active - I thought he posted about a notice of inactivity - but that doesn't seem to apply now.)

<Orin-Stamp-of-Approval>
Darn it, voted No for Eternal by accident. >.<

Anyway, my opinion remains the same, all should be in the council.
I voted, and posted my veiw's in other thread. Do as you please. I am tired of banging my head against a wall, that will not give.
Pages: 1 2 3